coconut oil vs massage oil

do you have a favorite massage oil? have you tried coconut oil? what are your thoughts on masage oil in general, yes or no thanks? warmed or room temp?
  • tzv13
  • 05-31-2015, 10:43 PM
Coconut oil is awesome. Less residue. It's edible, and it's great for your skin and hair.
I swear by coconut oil.
  • tzv13
  • 05-31-2015, 11:47 PM
I swear by coconut oil. Originally Posted by Claire She Blows
You can't get a better endorsement than that.
Definitely WARM coconut oil. There is a certain sound that a man makes when I apply it to his skin that is priceless- makes me smile every time

It IS edible but, I have noticed that when it mixes w/ saliva it....uhhhh...turns white and at times I look like a cat who has been drinking from the milk bowl.

Thank yo, Sue! I am now SO looking forward to my first hands on-coconut oil exploration tomorrow! Meow!

A
Warm Almond Oil.
coconut oil smells like movie popcorn to me. Makes me hungry. Almond oil. Yummm. Aveda makes a great massage oil. odorless and super light. You don't get all oily, which is good lessen' you want to feel all oily.
I love warming oils they feel great. I enjoy scent also as long as a shower is available. Some of the wonderful scents ladies have and use really add an extra element to the experience most of us don't get in RW.
coconut oil by far. but I've heard it can stain sheets....not sure.
coconut oil by far. but I've heard it can stain sheets....not sure. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
It washes out. I only have nice sheets, and haven't had an issue. I do have one set of Sheex that are like Under Armour material that take 2-3 washes to come out.
Coconut oil is like heaven! I eat a spoonful of it everyday. Mmmmm
I swear by coconut oil!

In my experience it doesn't stain sheets and absorbs into the skin really well...and I've found that when I give a lot of b2b/massages with it my skin tends to even out (not oily or dry).

Some complaints worth mentioning - it can make your hair smell funky (my roommate said it smelled faintly like vomit) if it gets saturated, so make sure to wash afterwards and it does turn white when saliva gets involved. Some people are also allergic to it, so be sure to ask.

...and you can either start with it at room temp and melt it in your hands (or toss chunks of it on him if you're going for sensation/temp play) or heat a jar of it under running water or on a heater if you want it liquid.

It's hella versatile and hands-down my favourite thing to give massages with.
Coconut oil is the bomb
Coconut erl makes poonnanny taste aw'some!
Coconut erl makes poonnanny taste aw'some! Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst
Well that exsplains a lot