Bad form?

Hey all,

Saw a provider a week ago and had a great time. Contacted her Thursday about seeing her Saturday. No definate time or confirmation. Had to cancel, more then 24 hours before, because I was short on the donation but posted in ISO to possibly finding a less expensive option. Was kind of called on it by her. Is that bad form in the hobby?

Belron
More than 24 hours? That's very reasonable, but the ISO hit her in the pocketbook.

You might have tried "had to get a new battery for my car, and I've only got $100 - can we push back till next Saturday, or just do a 1/2 hour?" Her response to that might have been positive -- or worse than what she did when you gave her a reasonable cancel window. Your ISO then would have been less of a sting.

572 Dallas hits on P411.
From a providers point of view I think it is
Makes you look like a cheapass, OP
Come on OP, you have been around long enough to know that answer. How would you feel if a lady cancelled on you and then you see a review noting the day and approximate time of your original appointment?
Did you tell her why you were canceling?
It's your money and you gave plenty of notice. Probably should have communicated better though.
Well, you did give advance notice, so I don't feel the provider had a reason to be mad at you and call you out... Personally, I would have been a little peeved probably as well, although I would have kept it to myself.

I think anytime a provider takes it upon herself to "bitch" at a client, for whatever reason... it is unladylike, unprofessional and a no-no in this business. For the sake of discretion and to respect a hobbyist's privacy, I never initiate contact but respond only after the client contacts me. I never take it upon myself to do as the provider did in your situation.

There are places for providers to vent frustrations but venting on clients only makes the provider look bad even if she had good reasons.
what Kitty said.

I saw someone a week ago, and told her I would be back "next week", most likely.. I didn't know a Hot girl (Jazzmine White) would appear on my radar, out of the blue, and I would see her, 2 days ago.

that same night the first Provider texts.. "do you want to have fun tonight"? I told her I couldn't, but I will in a few days, definitely.. she was good with that.. no need to explain I saw another girl, it's none of her business, and I had not committed to a certain day.. plus I seriously doubt she monitors this site.

that said, if she does monitor the site, it would look a bit weird.. but we all have choices, as long as you don't NC/NS, and cancel with due notice, you reserve the right to be nimble.
  • BLM69
  • 07-22-2017, 09:05 AM
Hey all,

Saw a provider a week ago and had a great time. Contacted her Thursday about seeing her Saturday. No definate time or confirmation. Had to cancel, more then 24 hours before, because I was short on the donation but posted in ISO to possibly finding a less expensive option. Was kind of called on it by her. Is that bad form in the hobby?

Belron Originally Posted by belron
Plenty of advance notice, Do YOU OP!
You gave 24 hour notice, so I see no reason to call you out about that. Personally, I would have told her the reason. Who knows, she might have dropped her rates to accommodate you. Especially for a repeat client.
in my years in this crazy sub-culture we play in, unless i know the provider real well (as best as one can in 5-10 hrs), i have NOT found/experienced any upside to letting a provider know (directly or indirectly) that you have decided to go visit another provider.

belron, in your case, posting the ISO was indirectly letting her know you passed on her in favor of some other provider. so, some negative points for that.

as Kitty posted, it's understandable that she would get upset at that (for many reasons). it's human nature to feel not so good when we get declined or passed over.
the fact that she "kind of called (you) on it" says more about her than about you. some negative points for her.

good luck in your next search for delites!
24hrs is a good , but maybe next time think of what your Budget can handle before booking ..
  • BLM69
  • 07-23-2017, 09:44 AM
24hrs is a good , but maybe next time think of what your Budget can handle before booking .. Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
Or the OP should have offered a lower rate for less time, that's better than cancelling all together
I like full disclosure. Don't think you did anything wrong necessarily OP.

If you were serious about meeting and we all hope for that then honesty about your budget might have made for a better outcome both parties could be happy with.

Some providers might see what you did as wasting time. Even sometimes communicating to connect with a guy before a meet can involve time. Time that doesn't come as easily for a person may be more valuable to them.