.45 Colt 1911 question

I know a couple of you own a 1911 or a version of one, so I have a quick question.

I had a beautiful Colt 1911, but somehow or another I just couldn't get comfortable with it. I guess it was having to put weight on the grip safety and I just couldn't aim accurately with the weapon and squeezing the grip safety at the same time.

Looking at it, it seems like it would be a no brainer because you're squeezing the grip safety while aiming, but I just couldn't seem to get the timing down.

As users of the 1911 did you have any problems with this, or did it just work itself out with practice?

You're over thinking it. I have two 1911's. My favorites to shoot. Just grip it like any gun you shot and the grip safety is engaged. Don't treat it as if it's seperate.
Couple of options.

First get a grip safety with a 'speed bump' on it. Common upgrade that should solve the issue.

Second, wrap some electrical tape over it to hold it down. It's not the primary or secondary safety for that weapon and majority of pistols don't have it.

They are great guns and I prize those that I have.