Why old semen smells bad.

Semen has amines in it to neutralize the acidity of the vagina.

From Wikipedia:

Amines have strong, characteristic odors, and are toxic. The smells of ammonia, old fish, urine, rotting flesh, and semen are all mainly composed of amines. Many kinds of biological activity produce amines by breakdown of amino acids. Many natural neurotransmitters like epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, serotonine, histamine are amines
Just a little fact for the day. Smells like bleach when fresh and fishy when old. Too bad it doesn't smell like flowers or something.
  • Go4it
  • 06-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Actually it's too bad it doesn't taste like chocolate!!! What a boon to birth control.
Would be a great project for the pharmaceutical companies to work on! Think how much they would sell!
That was a funny clip CPI.
Holy Shit. I think like that dude.
Thank the good Lord, I don't think I've ever had the occasion to smell old semen.
Holy Shit. I think like that dude. Originally Posted by FatManHobbyist

Ron White and the whole blue collar comedy show with Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy and all the rest are an absolute hoot to what. I love watching them when they are on cable. Too darn funny.

Thank the good Lord, I don't think I've ever had the occasion to smell old semen. Originally Posted by McNulty
I so hear you on that McNulty. One question about your avatar: You getting the fly swatter or should I?
Who would smell old semen and why would it even be available to smell, lol? I hope to never find out what old semen smells like.

Now fresh semen...bring it on baby! lol