Gasoline is less than $3 a gallon

I just paid less than $3 a gallon for the 2nd fill up in a row.

I am not going to give Obama credit for lowering the price of gasoline any more so than I blamed him when the ppg rose higher than $4.

How many of you are willing to admit the same?

I am not going to give Obama credit for lowering the price of gasoline any more so than I blamed him when the ppg rose higher than $4.

How many of you are willing to admit the same? Originally Posted by bigtex
I admit I will not give Obama credit for gasoline costing less than 3 bucks per gallon in the United States.

How many of you are willing to admit the same? Originally Posted by bigtex
Presidents have no control over gas prices. I'll even go further than that. Presidents don't create jobs in the private sector. They are only able to create jobs in Government on the Federal level. Admit that one too.

Jim
Price is down because of world supply.

BO does everything he can do to lower that supply.

Supply is up despite BO efforts.

People will now have more spending money for Christmas.

You can thank the oil companies and the 9 million good folks who they employ
ISIS is flooding the market with less expensive "black market" (no pun intended) oil stolen in Iraq, because Obama didn't step in fast enough to stop ISIS .. so he gets the credit!
Thanks Obama! Thanks ISIL!

No heads for oil!
Presidents can effect world energy pricing; thru actions as well as in-actions.

In this case prices are down because world economies aren't doing so well - Europe is close to a recession. China growth is slowing. The US economy should be roaring, with cheap money, cheap energy, and cheap labor. But it isn't. Government policies are the reason economies are struggling. With respect to failing domestic economic policies, that is all Obama.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor...h-in-the-west/
I blame Obama. And the free market.
Presidents can effect world energy pricing; thru actions as well as in-actions. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Perhaps if MLK would have actually "opposed illegal immigration," (as TrendingIdiot boldly proclaimed but has yet to prove) we might not be having these fluctuating gasoline prices.
This is not good news for States that are prime energy producers, especially those that are tapping into the new technologies that allow oil to be accessed, such as Fracking, extremely deep water drilling, and Oil Shale.

Unlike the Saudi Arabians, we just can't dig a hole and find oil. It takes the best minds we have to come up with the methods that allow us to be energy dependent.

The catch is, as long as crude sells for over $85 a barrel, we can be profitable. Below that, and profits suffer.

So, lower oil prices actually make us more dependent on foreign sources, such as the Middle East,

So, Americans who are enjoying the fruits of great jobs in the domestic energy sector may soon find themselves in an unemployment line.

This is what the Saudis want.
...as long as crude sells for over $85 a barrel, we can be profitable. Below that, and profits suffer.

So, lower oil prices actually make us more dependent on foreign sources, such as the Middle East, .... Originally Posted by Jackie S
As long as crude sells for UNDER $85 a barrel we don't have to "dig" a hole here. Sop up as much as we can sop while it's cheap, and keep "ours" in the ground until there ain't no more to sop "over there."

In fact ... top off the strategic reserves and ....

... push some down into the ground elsewhere for an "economic reserve."
Some analysts are saying the drop is because of a big supply from the USA to hurt Putin with low prices.
Remember when Obarky the Clown said this?

And this

Good Times Good Times...

Some analysts are saying the drop is because of a big supply from the USA to hurt Putin with low prices. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
But LittleEva, not long ago you said that the world market was unaffected by US production. You said the price was set by speculators. So which is it?
Some analysts are saying the drop is because of a big supply from the USA to hurt Putin with low prices. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
But LittleEva, not long ago you said that the world market was unaffected by US production. You said the price was set by speculators. So which is it? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
But dull knife do you see anywhere that I said? Please note the word analyst's then go back to your soup it will get cold.