How to verify BP Providers in an out-of-town setting?

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this forum and am enjoying the community so far. While I do have limited references, I do not possess a p411 account (I prefer to give nobody my real name). I'm taking a business trip to a town in the US without a lot of ECCIE activity / reviews. However, the city has a lot of backpage activity and I was wondering how (if at all) to verify any providers on BP without the assistance of P411 if no verification method is provided or preferred by the provider. Should I just stay away from those who neither post nor request a verification method? Thanks for the help from the fellow travelers who may have similar experiences.
1. Google her number. She should have previous BP ads to that same number. Stay away from unknowns without ads because they could be LE , or trying to rob or hurt you. Also unknowns tend not to give good service even for BP.
2. Use tiny eye to verify the pics she has on BP if they are of her face. You could be walking into a bait and switch if you don't.
3. Use can always put their number in the search engine here on eccie and see if anyone else has seen her on here. They may have a review they may have slipped through the cracks.
That's about all you can do that I know of. Someone else may have some other advice. Happy hunting and stay safe.
Also use the other review site - input their name/phone number - if there are positive reviews, it should be fine. NO reviews, definitely PASS. I would re-consider the P411 account. You do NOT need to give out personal information. Payment can be made by money order (not from post office) and once you have an account, it definitely makes hobbying easier and a bit more reassuring because you know that the ladies are verified - does not vouch for the quality of service, but it does verity that the ladies are providers.
Even with limited resources, you have to take precautions when playing - hobby phone (really cheap throw away at Walmart, etc.); hobby e-mail account; verification; research; etc.
Recommend checking the Security Forum for more ideas, thoughts.
Good luck, have fun, and be safe!
Jalderoth, what you probably are gonna want to do is get a date check account, you can use a "nickname" instead of your real name, and a "safeword" also. Now the provider still may want to see your driver's license so if you can work out an agreement with the provider to use the "safeword" and nickname instead of your legal name, this could possibly work for you. You will still need to be screened by date check, but is much better than getting robbed or beat up and trying to explain away the bruises and lost funds. I so far have not been brave enough to see any provider without reviews, i have called a few and the vibe just wasn't safe enough for me to take a leap like that IMHO so I have never done it. My advice is dig, dig, dig for as much info as you can if you must take the risk, but unfamiliar territory and an unverified provider sounds like a receipt for disaster to me!
+1 - three words to remain safe in the hobby from a guy's perspective, research, research, research - think with your BIG head. If things do not seem right, walk away...
First of all you might want to google the lady's phone number, email address and website. You can also check whois.net to see how long her website has been around.

Hello,

I'm fairly new to this forum and am enjoying the community so far. While I do have limited references, I do not possess a p411 account (I prefer to give nobody my real name). I'm taking a business trip to a town in the US without a lot of ECCIE activity / reviews. However, the city has a lot of backpage activity and I was wondering how (if at all) to verify any providers on BP without the assistance of P411 if no verification method is provided or preferred by the provider. Should I just stay away from those who neither post nor request a verification method? Thanks for the help from the fellow travelers who may have similar experiences. Originally Posted by jalderoth