Hail, Hail Rock and Roll!

RIP Chuck Berry. Without you, rock might never have been the force it became.
His influence, like many black performers of the 50's, was far reaching...the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis, to name a few, thank you.
  • harry
  • 03-18-2017, 10:40 PM
A sad day indeed. RIP Chuck, God speed...
I think we all died a little inside, the first time we heard "My Ding-a-Ling"..
Yeah...all the greatness that guy laid down on wax, and THAT'S what finally hit #1 on the pop charts?!?
He was a great in so many ways.
I think we all died a little inside, the first time we heard "My Ding-a-Ling".. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
When I was just in high school, 11yh grade high school, in Abilene Texas, 1976 A service station we worked at was open late,. Chuck Berry pulled into our station with car problems My brother was the manager and an ace mechanic and quickly told Chuck it would take a few hours He had a show in Lubbock, said we could go if we wanted . he would comp out our tickets, We all knew who he was and had heard his music from our older brothers. We spent the next 3 hours jamming out, and even those who couldn't play we pretended we did with holding his guitar and doing the Johnny B Good e dance. Hi car and my 69 fire-bird drove to Lubbock and have our fist encounter with a Star One of the greatest fun-stories about Rock and Roll im my life Hey in west Texas this was big

B Good

\\\\\\\
That ain't just west Texas big. That's a damn good story no matter where you grew up. Very cool!
that story is awesome.. and not the least because Chuck basically invented the car song theme in rock and roll lyrics.. that Brian Wilson later appropriated for some of his best songs.. Abilene, Texas of all places, headed to Buddy Holly land.. doing the sound check at your service station.. greatness.
I heard that at age 90, he was in the middle of working on another album.
I remember that 1986 concert documentary with Keith Richards. I think they had a little clash, though I was never clear on all the details.