Burner phone and or text only app

feedback on what is a good burner phone and if anyone uses a separate text only app or device
I don't know about other people, but I use an older Android I upgraded from.

Dedicated Google account with Google Voice. My RW and "hobby" equipment DO NOT share Google (or whatever else) accounts.

I don't have a data plan on it; any sort of phone calls, texts, web browsing, etc have to be done on wifi.
Google Voice, Hushed, Burner are all services that provide a relatively inexpensive option for a burner phone.

With Burner and Hushed, you can "burn" a number and find a new one. The downside of this approach is that some providers use your number as an "identifier". However, there are better services like P411 for verification.

I use a service to create a private number that is difficult to trace back to me. But as with all services, I assume that information could be subpoenaed but if you are at the point where a subpoena is issued there are probably other concerns.
You can use TextNow app. Free to sign up and hint, you can just make up an email and don’t even have to have an actual email.

Oh you can call on it too btw.