Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson (D)

This might get put in the Sandbox section but I thought I'd start here. If you've been following the stories in the DMN about this person I'll begin with this:

Eddie Bernice Johnson has RAPED the public's trust.

How can anyone be so bereft of integrity as to use our tax money this way? Her sense of entitlement and "if I don't get caught it's OK" epitomizes a generation of politicians who believe that so long as they don't get caught it's OK.

Then, when this person without moral integrity is exposed as not only a someone without morals, but also a thief and liar, she quits raping each and every one of us, lifts her ass off of us all, brushes the dirt from her knees and grabs an "I'm so sorry" Handiwipe to clean herself up before saying "How 'bout I pay y'all back?" and flashes a "Y'all are sooooooooo dumb" con-man grin and has the audacity to state that there weren't any "qualified students in her congressional district so she "had" to award them to her chromosone-deficient family members (don't forget they were all too fucking dumb gpa-wise to qualify, didn't reside in her district or another caucus member's district). Her congressional district is sufficiently expansive to aguarantee that are HUNDREDS of qualified candidates. Those would be good, smart, hard-working kids, many from less-than-ideal homes, that have achieved high gpa's despite being in underfunded public schools. These are children that deserved the financial opportunity that that money could have provided for books & tuition, rather than being supplemental welfare payments to this person's under-achieving family members. Granted, none of them are her kin-folk but surely she didn't have to insult her constituents' children by saying "they're even dumber than my chromosone-deficient family of fools!"

This loser-of-a-representative needs to go to church and LISTEN to the preacher talk of right and wrong, rather than going to be seen raisin' her God fearin' hands up in the air and scremain' out "Praise Jesus!!" so that the voters in her District (remember these are the same folks that pumped out alllllll of those dumb-ass young 'uns she passed over) will see her as God-fearin', Christian lady who's the right "kind' of person for 'us' and should keep her job. Her moral compass is permanently stuck in sinful

This person needs to step down from her Congressional seat. So does every other member of the House & Senate (state or national) that is comfortable RAPING each and every one of us by believing that our tax money is theirs to use, pulfer, steal, extort or siphon away for their own benefit.

We now return to your regularly-scheduled ECCIE reading. Thank you.
Dude, not a fan of EBJ, but if you think this is even the tip of the iceberg with most of them, GOP and Dem, well.....
Ok I can run with this topic.

I attended the 8/28 rally in Washington Sat. It helped open my eyes to a side of America that isn't anything like these politicians. When I got home I was bitching about sharpton and of course my good friend scolded me for not knowing all the facts before I opened my big fat mouth.

Well I had a dream last night. Even though I still don't like the guys politics or 99% of what he says, I'm no better than he is. I'm a traitor to my own message by being closed minded. I was just as venomous toward him as he is to us. How in the hell will good change happen in the world if it doesn't start with me? This weekend I met some of the kindest most wonderful people from all over the country. Not one bad word was said about anyone. The reason I'm bringing this up is because of the hard things the OP says about the girl he dislikes. (I'm not judging you brother, I'm seeing myself in your post.)

I want the other side to debate with kindness and an open mind. How fair is it that I don't have one? Politics will always be politics, but we can change them from the spit fire hell storm they are into something we, as Americans, can all benefit from. You have to restore honor in yourself first and kill the hypocrisy before any change can ever happen between the two sides. We will get people like that out of office and rebuild America by bringing honor to ourselves, our children, and how we respond to others that either disagree with us or are down right evil. Until each person comes to the realization change starts with them, they will keep digging the pit.

We are the generation we've been waiting for. I was raised in hard core conservative house. Reteaching myself how to see all sides is a bitch. But I'm going to change if it kills me. Name calling and trashing the other side only makes US look bad.

I have no doubt what the OP says about this girl is true (all politicians lately would fit that mold.) Get the word out without the venom and people will hear you better. It's the attitude in which it's presented, that makes all the difference.

I can tell you all that after this weekend, I have a huge heart full of hope for our country. There are more people out there with good minds and kind hearts than not.

Edit: At leat 40% of the people I met there were Democrat.
This might get put in the Sandbox section but I thought I'd start here. If you've been following the stories in the DMN about this person I'll begin with this:

Eddie Bernice Johnson has RAPED the public's trust.

How can anyone be so bereft of integrity as to use our tax money this way? Her sense of entitlement and "if I don't get caught it's OK" epitomizes a generation of politicians who believe that so long as they don't get caught it's OK.

Then, when this person without moral integrity is exposed as not only a someone without morals, but also a thief and liar, she quits raping each and every one of us, lifts her ass off of us all, brushes the dirt from her knees and grabs an "I'm so sorry" Handiwipe to clean herself up before saying "How 'bout I pay y'all back?" and flashes a "Y'all are sooooooooo dumb" con-man grin and has the audacity to state that there weren't any "qualified students in her congressional district so she "had" to award them to her chromosone-deficient family members (don't forget they were all too fucking dumb gpa-wise to qualify, didn't reside in her district or another caucus member's district). Her congressional district is sufficiently expansive to aguarantee that are HUNDREDS of qualified candidates. Those would be good, smart, hard-working kids, many from less-than-ideal homes, that have achieved high gpa's despite being in underfunded public schools. These are children that deserved the financial opportunity that that money could have provided for books & tuition, rather than being supplemental welfare payments to this person's under-achieving family members. Granted, none of them are her kin-folk but surely she didn't have to insult her constituents' children by saying "they're even dumber than my chromosone-deficient family of fools!"

This loser-of-a-representative needs to go to church and LISTEN to the preacher talk of right and wrong, rather than going to be seen raisin' her God fearin' hands up in the air and scremain' out "Praise Jesus!!" so that the voters in her District (remember these are the same folks that pumped out alllllll of those dumb-ass young 'uns she passed over) will see her as God-fearin', Christian lady who's the right "kind' of person for 'us' and should keep her job. Her moral compass is permanently stuck in sinful

This person needs to step down from her Congressional seat. So does every other member of the House & Senate (state or national) that is comfortable RAPING each and every one of us by believing that our tax money is theirs to use, pulfer, steal, extort or siphon away for their own benefit.

We now return to your regularly-scheduled ECCIE reading. Thank you. Originally Posted by txcwby6
She has crossed the line and cn never be trusted again. We must vote her out and I am a Democrat!
She is just ONE of many ....What ever happened to the politician that ran for office ..WON .Went to Washington to help govern ...and did just that to the best of his or her abilities ...then returned home to make an honest living and someone else from their district went to Washington.Term limits should be set for all of them ...Not set up for them to RAPE the treasury and become Millionaires in the process .......
I thoiught this was very interesting .........

Harry Truman
was a different kind of President. He
probably made as many, or more important
decisions regarding our nation's history as
any of the other 42 Presidents preceding him.
However, a measure of his greatness may rest on
what he did after he left the White House.

The only asset he had when he died
was the house he lived in, which was
in Independence Missouri .
His wife had inherited the house from her
mother and father and other than their
years in the White House, they lived their
entire lives there.

When he retired
from office in 1952, his income was
a U.S. Army pension reported to have
been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting
that he was paying for his stamps and personally
licking them, granted him
an 'allowance' and, later, a
retroactive pension of $25,000 per year..

After President
Eisenhower was inaugurated, Harry and Bess
drove home to Missouri by
themselves. There was no Secret Service
following them.

When
offered corporate positions at large
salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't
want me. You want the office of the President,
and that doesn't belong to me. It belongs
to the American people and it's not for sale."

Even later, on May 6,
1971, when Congress was preparing to award
him the Medal of Honor on his 87th
birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, "I
don't consider that I have done anything
which should be the reason for any award,
Congressional or otherwise."

As president
he paid for all of his own travel expenses and food.

Modern politicians have found a new
level of success in cashing in on the
Presidency, resulting in untold wealth.
Today, many in Congress also have found a way
to become quite wealthy while enjoying the
fruits of their offices. Political offices
are now for sale. (sic. Illinois)

Good old Harry Truman was correct
when he observed, "My choices in life were
either to be a piano player in a whore
house or a politician. And to tell the
truth, there's hardly any difference!

I say dig him up and clone him!!

of them ....
tsrv4me, this is very nice and all, but at the time he left office he was one of the most hated and unpopular of presidents stemming from his having fired MacArthur and attempted to racially integrate the military, among other things. And, he was among the first to float the idea of national health insurance. One can only imagine what Beck and O'Reilley would do to him today. In fact, Tailgunner Joe McCarthy owed much of his popularity to continuously attacking HST as being "soft" on Communism by firing MacArthur. His wife and daughter were personally relentlessly attacked and made the butt of many jokes, especially by the "eastern elite media."

Look it up ^^^^^^^

All politics is local and they exist only in real time. Only after time passes can rational judgement and evaluation be made of the results of whatever actions leaders made at their particular time.

I would remind all of you to stop and think the next time you are tempted to fall for some "bumper sticker" sound bite either in the form of a comment or commercial. Complex issues cannot be effectively addressed in 25 words or less. Unfortunately, most people spend more time contemplating and evaluating what type of cell phone plan to purchase than they do arriving at a coherent, defensible political position.

LK, say "hi" to yer friend for me. You could do so much, much worse than getting pointers from that one.

For those of you who REALLY want to know a little something about how the more things change the more they stay the same, rent the old movie with Andy Griffith, Patricia Neal and Walter Matthau called "A Face in the Crowd" or the Gary Cooper /Barabra Stanwyck flick "Meet John Doe." Suggesting these because it's easier for many than actually reasearching. Remember, just because it''s new to you doesn't mean it's new.
YEP you will get a lot of information out of the movies ....It is truly THE REAL WORLD ......dont you think ???? do you also believe in Santa and the Easter Bunny ....All of the politicians in the last decade or longer actually are only there to BETTER them selves and and hold on to the free ride .....They could care less about what you and I think.as long as they keep getting elected and stealing from US ....they are Happy campers ... Thats why Obama,Pelosi and their gang of thieves ..didnt allow an increase for Social Security .and that cuts into my living .....but they dont care they got theirs all ready ... and now I"m sitting here getting ready to sell my house (AT A LOSS) because an expansion of the highway is going on and I"m in the way....as well as others ....They are taking over 2/3 of my back yard ..and building a 20 ft. wall 18 ft. from my back door ....and expect us to smile and say thats ok .....after they gave us an offer that is embarrasing ......if we dont accept it ...Eminent domain will take it any way .........maybe they will make a movie about it and we can get the real truth .....YEH Right from the left wing liberals ...........ok I vented .....nuff said ......T
I really REALLY like you tsrv4me.
42 Presidents preceded Harry Truman?
I'm also a Dem (but not BCD, so there's no need for you GOP providers to blue-or-black ball me) and disgusted by EBJ's attitude, not to mention the offense itself. She should have quit yesterday, but she won't because she's in a seriously Democrat district and will get re-elected even if she was caught intentionally running over puppies. Public Shaming will be her only punishment.

Same goes for Rep. Joe Driver--R., who was caught a couple of weeks ago double billing all his travel and entertainment expenses. With hands stretched out, he questioned "was that against the rules?" Bet he was glad to see this shit take his name off the front page.
I'm disgusted by the people we - yes WE - are electing these days. The low-level of apparent intellect and integrity is pretty disheartening.

The country is in decline and these geniuses are not the group that are going to turn things around. Not only that, the intellectual void and voter discontent that has been created opens up opportunities for fruitcakes like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin to step into the fray and exploit those who don't know any better. That can get pretty dangerous.

George Bush was an imbecile but he wasn't afraid of action (unfortunately). Barak Obama seems to be a smart guy (or at least he can speak in sentences) but he sure hasn't walked the talk so far. I don't see any bright lights at the end of the tunnel... does anyone else?
NOPE........ The Media wont let anyone rise above the group in office ....but all of the comedians can ridicule the ones with any sense ....and make people believe they are idiots ......Maybe we should elect all of the Sportswriters in the Area .THEY know everything about EVERYTHING ...according to their columns .....Thank you Kayla ...maybe we should Meet .....T
State Rep. Republican Joe Driver of Garland, who rails against the evils of runaway government spending, admitted Monday that he has pocketed thousands of dollars in taxpayer money for travel expenses that his campaign had already funded.
Yep, figured the "movie" comeback was in the wings, just trying to make it easy for some to get caught up since you missed it the first time around....reading all that history is just so, ummm, you know, boring and useless - being informed is such a frickin' drag. There is a good reason for the old saw "Politics makes strange bedfellows." It gets things done and works a hell of a lot better than the current trend of "idealogical purity" both sides are pandering to the "base" with. Good TV, but ineffective as hell getting anything done.

Back to our movies, both of those flicks deal with popular "movements" not unlike the Tea Party and, of course they are painted with a broad brush, but they do point out how easily groups can be manipulated by the powerful interests floating the financial boat. Does anyone really think Rupert Murdoch is really on their side and has the best interests of the good ol' US of A in his heart of hearts? Now, if you really want to get into it deep with "real" history, slip into "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich." It's essentially the same story as the two movies except for the part where it's over 1000 pages and has all of those bothersome little details that will require a few days' concentration. Some parts will actually have to be reread. Wonder where Uncle Adloph come up with his financing? hmmmmm, verrrrry interesting (think Arte Johnson).

And, now back to HST. Obviously, looking up the facts surrounding the country's opinion of Truman during and shortly after his service, and the popular reasons behind it, was a bit much to handle. The rap on him was that he "lost" the Korean War and was weak because he didn't allow MacArthur to invade China which would have necessitated whipping out a few more A-bombs in order to win. Very unpopular move on his part in all conservative circles at the time. And, in firing MacArthur he upheld the Constitution in the face of massive public displeasure. He took a terrific beating and that's the reason he didn't give a shit about all of that other stuff (plus the fact that they were never offered). But, what the hey, it was the '50's.....

I just hate it when the facts jam up the bumper sticker presses.
I AGREE with you LL. Unfortunately, the truly BEST and BRIGHTEST won't submit to the type of personal and family ridicule, and examination that is heaped upon our leaders nowadays. From Clinton & George W. (sorry,not an imbecile or genius but a truly poor speaker) to Obama. I no longer trust anybody that would go through all that to be president.
...........I know I am off topic in a way since the thread is about EBJ. I'm just glad I am not in her district.