What is Your Favorite Local Music Venue?

AA Center? Verizon Grand Prairie? Billy Bob's?

I think I will like this one best..

https://www.facebook.com/thepavilionIMF/

still 6 months or so from opening.. the Scorpions will play in October, perhaps the first concert.
okay, I'll go first (and maybe last, LOL).. my favorite venue is the Rail Club, on Joyce drive in Fort Worth.

probably because I remember the great times there when it was the Brass Rail Club, one of the best strip clubs in town.
I'll go with the good old fashion fair park. Smirnoff i think is the name of it now. Has changed names ao many times. Always get lawn seats and just have so much fun
I think they are back to calling it "Starplex".again. I thought the Verizon sounded pretty good the one time I was there. Bronco Bowl was pretty cool in the day.
I enjoy going to Deep Ellum and the various venues located there but I have to say my favorite is Three Links. A lot of up and coming artist pass through there.
  • ~Ze~
  • 03-24-2017, 11:13 PM
I like the super small places in Deep Ellum or nothing bigger than Palladium.
I recently saw a show at the Majestic in downtown Dallas. It's an old theater that's been restored and acoustics were great. I much prefer this kind of setting to the larger venues.
This could turn into a more interesting thread if we think back to what were your favorite music venues back in the 80's to early 90's and what acts you saw considering the quality of music acts and venues have been on the endangered list for a couple of decades.
I think they are back to calling it "Starplex".again. I thought the Verizon sounded pretty good the one time I was there. Bronco Bowl was pretty cool in the day. Originally Posted by maxim_232
The Bronco Bowl was a good one for sure. I only saw two shows there. The Pretenders and Sarah McClaughlin.
I really dig Starplex, too, on a mild evening. Some pretty decent concessions these days, which making a long wait for a show pretty bearable.

Has anyone ever taken in one of KXT's shows on the lawn at Belmont? They've had some interesting artists from time to time, but haven't been (well, not counting when I picked up hookers around there during my seedier years).

It always comes back to sex....
I'll go with the good old fashion fair park. Smirnoff i think is the name of it now. Originally Posted by Tara Evans
it is Starplex again, but you missed that it was Gexa Energy Pavillon for many years after Smirnoff! to date and embarrass myself both, LOL, I have a ticket for Britney Spears (no laughing) from July, 2000, that says Starplex (from when it went on sale in April), but by the date of the show it had changed to Smirnoff.

hey, why am I embarrassed? you are way behind the times thinking it was still Smirnoff, LOL..

I recently saw a show at the Majestic in downtown Dallas. It's an old theater that's been restored and acoustics were great. I much prefer this kind of setting to the larger venues. Originally Posted by aubie79
+1 on the Majestic.. it doesn't draw many shows.. I saw John Denver there a year before he died in the plane crash.

The Bronco Bowl was a good one for sure. I only saw two shows there. The Pretenders and Sarah McClaughlin. Originally Posted by camero73
I saw 3.. Ozzy Osbourne, Billy Idol, and Iron Maiden.. the Maiden show was hot as Hell inside (and outside.. it was August), I don't know how they played in such stifling heat. I know some Bands direct the venue to keep the temp at a certain level, maybe Maiden likes it that way?
This could turn into a more interesting thread if we think back to what were your favorite music venues back in the 80's to early 90's and what acts you saw considering the quality of music acts and venues have been on the endangered list for a couple of decades. Originally Posted by camero73
this good article from today speaks exactly to your point.. yeah, there won't be much to talk about in the coming years.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twiligh...ods-1490439609
Trees is pretty good in deep ellum. Seen pimpadelic way back. Revered Horton heat and Marcys playground way back in the day. Lol
Trees is pretty good in deep ellum. Seen pimpadelic way back. Revered Horton heat and Marcys playground way back in the day. Lol Originally Posted by Tara Evans
I've seen Ace Frehley, Michael Schenker, and Body Count at Trees.. and Nashville Pussy.. me and the guitarist, Ruyter Suys, kissed on the lips..

Attachment 632350
The Kessler...small venue, great acoustics.