This is the Way - Exxon Mobil plans to prohibit LGBTQ and Black Lives Matters flags from being flown outside its offices

BREAKING: Exxon Mobil plans to prohibit LGBTQ and Black Lives Matters flags from being flown outside its offices, prompting a furious backlash from Houston-based employees.

Exxon Mobil Corp. plans to prohibit the LGBTQ-rights flag from being flown outside its offices during Pride month in June, prompting a furious backlash from Houston-based employees.

Exxon updated company guidance on what flags can be displayed outside its offices, banning “external position flags” such as PRIDE and Black Lives Matter, according to the policy seen by Bloomberg News. In response, members of Exxon's PRIDE Houston Chapter are refusing to represent the company at the city’s June 25 Pride celebration, according to an employee group email also seen by Bloomberg.

“Corporate leadership took exception to a rainbow flag being flown at our facilities” last year, Exxon’s PRIDE Houston employee group wrote in the email Thursday. “PRIDE was informed the justification was centered on the need for the corporation to maintain ‘neutrality.’”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/bus...-17120068.php?
Maybe they saw how poorly woke-ism worked for Disney

Corporate woke-ism must end. Conservative leadership means standing up to the woke mob. And be friendly to business … that wants to do business and not flirt with libtard cultural bullshit.
Heh-- I worked at their Las Colinas office when some members of Greenpeace managed to get past security and onto the roof of the building in full tiger costumes.
I have to agree with Corporate. A company should remain neutral. I've never considered whether a company hires LGBQTLMNOP people, minorities, or whatever else is "Politically Correct". I could give a shit less who works there. Just give me my gas, groceries, amazon orders, etc.
I have to agree with Corporate. A company should remain neutral. I've never considered whether a company hires LGBQTLMNOP people, minorities, or whatever else is "Politically Correct". I could give a shit less who works there. Just give me my gas, groceries, amazon orders, etc. Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
Exactly. Why risk pissing off half your customers. Simply stay neutral and take no public stance.

A former McDonald's CEO agrees with us:

Ex-McDonald’s CEO Ed Rensi: Companies have ‘no business’ being in politics

Former McDonald’s CEO Ed Rensi said companies have “no business” being in politics — and has launched a conservative initiative to fight “woke” corporate policies.

The 78-year-old — who led the Golden Arches from 1991 to 1997 — spearheaded The Boardroom Initiative to push back against boardrooms of American corporations that have become too politicized, Fox Business reported.

“Corporations have no business being on the right or the left because they represent everybody there and their sole job is to build equity for their investors,” the man who thought up Chicken McNuggets told Fox Business.

The initiative’s mission is to defend shareholders and employees of public companies from “woke” policies and to ensure corporate accountability, the outlet said.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/21/ex-mcd...s-in-politics/
I agree that corporations remain neutral-- of course, I also believe that corporations should not have been granted "personhood" when it comes to political donations. I'd like to see the same energy across the board. Companies SHOULD be neutral-- and that should include political contributions. Owners should have the right to support whoever they wish-- but not under the corporate banner.