Too Much Hobbying Leads To Civilian Faux Pas

I met a very attractive young lady at the grocery store and we started talking. The conversation turned to work.

I asked her what she did before her current career, and she said "I was in the service industry."

Without thinking, it just spurted out of my mouth "You were a prostitute?"

"No," she replied, "A waitress."

I still got her phone number, but this was still a Major Oops.
LOL Actually she probably just thought you were busting her chops.
I agree. If she didn't think you were messing with her you prolly wouldn't have gotten the number.
I met a very attractive young lady at the grocery store and we started talking. The conversation turned to work.

I asked her what she did before her current career, and she said "I was in the service industry."

I still got her phone number, but this was still a Major Oops. Originally Posted by Invictus
That which is most on the heart is most on the lips.

I still got her phone number, but this was still a Major Oops. Originally Posted by Invictus
I also met a hottie the other day. Asked her the exact same thing.

She said I had a job but I really didn't have to do much.

After I entertained but dismissed the provider option I blurted out "You were president?" I never did get her number. I think she would have preferred I call her a prostitute.