Backpage bitcoin...

OK so since I'm headed to Houston I figured I may post on backpack for the first time since it's not my hometown, but wth is bitcoin? Anyone ever used it before and is it safe/discreet?
Also ladies do you put links to your profile here? I'd think that's a great way to verify being a great provider but it also seems to be inviting unwanted eyes to our ECCIE family....
Do you mean backpage? You cannot put an eccie link in your ad. SCREEN to the extreme!
Here is a quick overview about why it's suddenly required on Backpage: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/sex...ide-to-bitcoin

I think there are some guides on the national boards about it as well.

FYI although there may be "guides" out there on how to use bitcoin and buy it (aka transfer $USD to BTC - Bitcoin). Just be careful about "who" you buy it from. Bitcoin's $USD to BTC price can fluctuate quite a bit and not knowing what the current USD to BTC rate is could allow for those companies to rip you off for quite a bit. As of this post Bitcoin is $422 per coin.

So check out the guides online about how to use it, setup a wallet on your laptop or phone *AND SECURE IT WITH A PASSWORD*. Then consider where you'd like to convert your US Dollars to Bitcoin. I suggest buying from one of the biggest and easiest companies out there backed by both Goldman Sachs and Barclays www.circle.com. It's easy to buy from them with a CC or debit card and you can send the money directly to BP from your account there.
Hey Addison,

Bitcoin is an internet virtual currency. There are online banks where you can buy and trade real money for bitcoins and then purchase various goods over the internet using those bitcoins. It's almost like an international currency as the transfer rate to us dollars actually fluctuates and varies daily.

Personally, I'd simply avoid bitcoins. I simply don't see the hype or need to venture into that arena.

On another note...ever since our meet and greet I'd have to say that your profile pic has come true more than once. Might be calling you for a followup session next month.
Personally, I'd simply avoid bitcoins. I simply don't see the hype or need to venture into that arena. Originally Posted by Sinclar
From the post it looks like Addison is trying to make a post on Backpage.
Typically providers paid for their postings by credit card processing. Unfortunately in July of last year the big credit card companies pulled their rights to process credit cards. *suspected LE was putting them under pressure to do so*

My post above has a link to an article going over it: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/sex...ide-to-bitcoin

This put Backpage in a real bind as they needed to still receive payments from thousands of providers around the globe. Many providers started mailing in cash just to have their ads listed. Some providers reported their cash never making it to Backpage. Enter Bitcoin...a currency that cannot be shutdown. Most all of the providers on Backpage are now fluent with Bitcoin transactions as a result.
It has proven to be a stable currency (security and operation wise) since early 2010. As I mentioned above Goldman Sachs & Barclays back circle.com and USAA's online banking even supports adding Coinbase Bitcoin accounts to your existing account portfolio.

If Addison is just using Bitcoin for ads to Backpage it's probably a good idea to keep enough in a wallet or account to pay for ads, maybe no more than a single Bitcoin? I assume one Bitcoin goes a good way on Backpage....but I have no clue how much ads cost there.
backpage (BP) has a sister site called
www.postfastr.com

where you can use CC (prepaid or not).
Buy credits there, and use them on BP

Once you have a BP account, your will automatically have an account on postfastr with the same login.

A little cmbersome, but easier and cheaper than using bitcoin
.....Also ladies do you put links to your profile here? I'd think that's a great way to verify being a great provider but it also seems to be inviting unwanted eyes to our ECCIE family.... Originally Posted by addison_scott
I've noticed that the ladies that are on ECCIE but who also advertise on Backpage, sometimes post as one of their pictures, ECCIE and P411. Not actual links.

Example:
http://houma.backpage.com/FemaleEsco...ct-me/13346160
Yes I decided against backpage all together. .. lol just too risky for me, no money is worth my safety ! Thanks y'all,