Trump’s bizarre effort to tag Obama’s swine flu response as ‘a disaster’

— President Trump, in a tweet, April 17

Biden/Obama were a disaster in handling the H1N1 Swine Flu. Polling at the time showed disastrous approval numbers. 17,000 people died unnecessarily and through incompetence! Also, don’t forget their 5 Billion Dollar Obamacare website that should have cost close to nothing!

As the coronavirus pandemic emerged, President Trump quickly sought to compare his performance to the pandemic that appeared in 2009 under the watch of his predecessor, Barack Obama. He called it a “big failure” and a “debacle,” compounded by “horrific mistakes.” He railed about the death toll, often inflating the figures to 17,000, as he did in this recent tweet.

These criticism might have had some resonance back when there appeared to be relatively few cases in the United States. On March 4, when Trump first attacked Obama’s handling of the swine flu, there were only about 100 reported cases of covid-19 in the United States.

But as of April 17, there were more than 700,000 cases reported in the United States and nearly 40,000 deaths, more than double than what supposedly took place under Obama. One would think Trump would drop this talking point, but apparently he thinks it still works for him.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...onse-disaster/

Makes for a good read while sitting in slot 16 waiting for a Lowe’s employee to bring me my stuff. I suspect I’m here for a good while but not as long as the people waiting in line....their doing head counts at the entrance and exit.

Texas is opening for business, yeehaw!
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 08:58 AM
One trick pony j66 - nothing but WaPo lying Propaganda.

Get some serious professional help - Life can be much better without the Hatred cnn and WaPo have instilled in ur Head.
Have you ever seen a one trick pony in the field so happy and free?
If you've ever seen a one trick pony then you've seen me
Have you ever seen a one-legged dog making its way down the street?
If you've ever seen a one-legged dog then you've seen me

Then you've seen me, I come and stand at every door
Then you've seen me, I always leave with less than I had before
Then you've seen me, bet I can make you smile when the blood, it hits the floor
Tell me, friend, can you ask for anything more?
Tell me can you ask for anything more?

What’ ca think Bruce meant when he wrote the ‘ Wrestler “ ?
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 09:27 AM
Deflection - denial, and obfuscation - j66 - get some professional help for your own sake

Soon
What’ ca think Bruce meant when he wrote the ‘ Wrestler “ ? Originally Posted by Jaxson66
I think you missed a bit of that statement.

But I agree What caca do you think Bruce meant?

And its a valid argument by Trump and has been discussed repeatedly. It's obviously not a complete apples to apples comparison but compared to Obama Trump did quite a bit more quite a bit faster than Obama responded.

That Obama diminished all the supplies and didn't replace them is a starting point/etc.

Certainly worth a discussion of how abysmal Obama's response was, especially with the bullshit attacks on Trump for his response.
Deflection - denial, and obfuscation - j66 - get some professional help for your own sake

Soon Originally Posted by oeb11
Who did you use after your 8 years of deflection, denial, and obfuscation during the Obama presidency...are you going to use them during the Biden presidency?

The end is near for my rage against the great leader.
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 12:23 PM
Thank U j66- and Ur love for Comrade Xi and Comrade Putin.

as far as my 8 years - care to document any of your specious allegations - as usual????
Biden is affected by pre-senile dementia - and he will not last more than a year of office -IF ELECTED - and if the DNC handlers let Biden debate Trump - it will be at the forefront and difficult for even the LSM and True Believers such as yourself to deny - but u will deny and obfuscate anyway.

Get some professional help - dealing with reality is far better than the DPST fantasy world.
I think you missed a bit of that statement.

But I agree What caca do you think Bruce meant?

And its a valid argument by Trump and has been discussed repeatedly. It's obviously not a complete apples to apples comparison but compared to Obama Trump did quite a bit more quite a bit faster than Obama responded.

That Obama diminished all the supplies and didn't replace them is a starting point/etc.

Certainly worth a discussion of how abysmal Obama's response was, especially with the bullshit attacks on Trump for his response. Originally Posted by eccielover
Wrong, the great leader ignored the opportunity to plan for the invasion of the invisible enemy. His concern was the whistleblower, the perfect call, the super secret server and Hunter Biden. He ignored the warnings and responded with a cluster fuck and the majority of the country agrees.
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 12:30 PM
Poor j666 - the "FACTS" have been published on this forum.
Poor j666 is so deep in the DPST narrative as to be unable to understand factual history of the last two months, and all the Trump administration actions taken.

get some professional help in recognizing reality, j66 - you are in dire need.

hatred is self destructive - and u are resembling more and more a hand grenade.
Thank U j66- and Ur love for Comrade Xi and Comrade Putin.

as far as my 8 years - care to document any of your specious allegations - as usual????
Biden is affected by pre-senile dementia - and he will not last more than a year of office -IF ELECTED - and if the DNC handlers let Biden debate Trump - it will be at the forefront and difficult for even the LSM and True Believers such as yourself to deny - but u will deny and obfuscate anyway.

Get some professional help - dealing with reality is far better than the DPST fantasy world. Originally Posted by oeb11
If you say so, old great professor of Eccie internet psychology
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 12:34 PM
Thank u - first thing One has correct in a while
But - blind hogs do find the occasional acorn!
Wrong, the great leader ignored the opportunity to plan for the invasion of the invisible enemy. His concern was the whistleblower, the perfect call, the super secret server and Hunter Biden. He ignored the warnings and responded with a cluster fuck and the majority of the country agrees. Originally Posted by Jaxson66
I am sensing that you have just got yourself wrapped up in your own rhetoric and are now trying to deflect.

Do you deny Obama's response was in almost all aspects slower with H1N1 than Trump's have been with the Wuhan Virus.

Simple yes or no will suffice.
  • oeb11
  • 04-21-2020, 12:38 PM
EL - careful - any rational consideration of your post by j66 and or other DPST's may result in heads exploding.

They do not like to admit "FACTS" which diverge from their DPST narrative.
EL - careful - any rational consideration of your post by j66 and or other DPST's may result in heads exploding.

They do not like to admit "FACTS" which diverge from their DPST narrative. Originally Posted by oeb11
Oh, I have no expectation of them responding in any rational way.

I'm simply awaiting him receiving his next instructions for the WAPO and him relaying it.
  • Tiny
  • 04-21-2020, 09:55 PM
Damn Jaxson, that's old news. We've been talking about it for days now. You need to visit other peoples' threads. Yeah, it's bizarre, you don't need the Washington Post to tell you that.

What was going through Trump's mind when he wrote that? There've been lots more lives lost, lots more dollars spent, and lots more incompetence this time around than there was with the swine flu. Is this because Obama did a much better job with the H1N1 virus? Well, not necessarily. But why invite the comparison? It's a game you're going to lose and you come out looking foolish.