I agree with the gun owner....Fuck those drones!

• WTF
  • 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ken...x?ocid=U221DHP

The way William Merideth sees it, it’s pretty clear-cut: a drone flying over his backyard was a well-defined invasion of privacy, analogous to a physical trespassing.
Not knowing who owned it, the Kentucky man took out his shotgun and fired three blasts of Number 8 birdshot to take the drone out.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ken...x?ocid=U221DHP

The way William Merideth sees it, it’s pretty clear-cut: a drone flying over his backyard was a well-defined invasion of privacy, analogous to a physical trespassing.
Not knowing who owned it, the Kentucky man took out his shotgun and fired three blasts of Number 8 birdshot to take the drone out. Originally Posted by WTF
I agree too.

Jim
Shooting a shotgun towards the sky in your backyard is dangerous and probably illegal.

What goes up must come down. No telling what the Drone could crash into or damages it could cause. Plus you'd be liable for any damages and for the cost of the drone.

Last I heard, owning and flying a drone is legal.

But if you want to have you gun confiscated and be taken downtown in cuffs then knock yourself out WTF.

You probably already have a coffee mug with your name on it at the Harris County Jail.
Nah #8 shotgun pellets don't hurt on the way down, they are way to light and are not particularly ballistic.

As far as the drone goes, is there a season and do they taste like chicken. If there is no season and they taste like chicken you wouldn't fly them anywhere near Louisianan.

Does anybody know if there is a limit, daily bag? possession? Do you need a special stamp?
Possession limit 2 either sex, bag limit ,4 duck stamp required.
Max load 3 inch mag/w 7 1/2 shot, if a pump or semi auto used must be plugged for 3 rounds.
Can be taken i/2 hour before sunrise till 1/2 hour after sunset.
May only be taken within the confines of your property.
Decoys are illegal .
Any drone carrying packages are a protected specie.
It is recommend to avoid any contact with military drones.
Max load 3 inch mag/w 7 1/2 shot, if a pump or semi auto used must be plugged for 3 rounds.
Decoys are illegal .
It is recommend to avoid any contact with military drones. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
+ ! !!!! Messing with a military drone might get someone an " up close and personal " encounter with a hell fire missile as return fire ! What a way to get the "full" jihady experience. I volunteer woomby to give it a try !
  • DSK
  • 07-30-2015, 02:28 PM
+ ! !!!! Messing with a military drone might get someone an " up close and personal " encounter with a hell fire missile as return fire ! What a way to get the "full" jihady experience. I volunteer woomby to give it a try ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Excellent idea!
Decoys are illegal .
It is recommend to avoid any contact with military drones. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I call bullshit on the plug.
They ain't migratory.
So no plug huh. Make sure you let em know it is a device to limit the number of shells in the shotgun and not something they stick up their ass while wearing a ball gag.
+ ! !!!! Messing with a military drone might get someone an " up close and personal " encounter with a hell fire missile as return fire ! What a way to get the "full" jihady experience. I volunteer woomby to give it a try ! Originally Posted by Rey Lengua
Excellent idea! Originally Posted by DSK
So no plug huh. Make sure you let em know it is a device to limit the number of shells in the shotgun and not something they stick up their ass while wearing a ball gag. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
Good advice for those two dimatards, they are into butt plugs.

You already have a pack of smokes with your name on it at the Harris County Jail. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
FIFY

Back on topic: does anyone know according to Texas Law, what are the air space property rights are (if any)?
Good advice for those two dimatards, they are into butt plugs. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
You should know.
FIFY

Back on topic: does anyone know according to Texas Law, what are the air space property rights are (if any)? Originally Posted by gnadfly
Short response:
Texas Government Code Section 423.002(a) provides it is lawful to capture an image using an unmanned aircraft in this state.

The section continues by laying out a laundry list of circumstances under which drone usage is not illegal. Some of the acceptable usages include:

Consent of the individual who owns or lawfully occupies the real property captured

Images of public real property or a person on that property

Images taken from a height no more than eight feet above ground level in a public place, if the image is not amplified beyond normal human perception

Operation for the purpose of professional or scholarly research by a person acting on behalf of an institution of higher learning

As part of a U.S. Military operation or training

Images captured by satellite for mapping

Images captured by or for an electric or natural gas company
if the image is captured by a Texas licensed real estate broker in connection with the marketing, sale, or financing of real property, provided that no individual is identifiable in the image

Pursuant to a valid arrest or search warrant

Law enforcement use in active pursuit of someone accused of a felony offense, or to capture a crime scene

Search and rescue efforts for natural disasters or fires"

_______ end of quoted material______________________ ____

The Feds regulate aircraft traffic 500 to 1000 feet above, which will vary depending on approaches to an airfield. There were mandatory tree cuttings around IAH when the new runway was built that has an approach over 1960 at about a 45 degree angle ... may be slightly less of an angle .... so that "500" fee gets reduced the closer to the runway the private property is located.

FYI: In that same Act (in the Texas Government Code):

Sec. 423.006. CIVIL ACTION. (a) An owner or tenant of privately owned real property located in this state may bring against a person who, in violation of Section 423.003, captured an image of the property or the owner or tenant while on the property an action to:
(1) enjoin a violation or imminent violation of Section 423.003 or 423.004;
(2) recover a civil penalty of:
(A) $5,000 for all images captured in a single episode in violation of Section 423.003; or
(B) $10,000 for disclosure, display, distribution, or other use of any images captured in a single episode in violation of Section 423.004; or
(3) recover actual damages if the person who captured the image in violation of Section 423.003 discloses, displays, or distributes the image with malice.
(b) For purposes of recovering the civil penalty or actual damages under Subsection (a), all owners of a parcel of real property are considered to be a single owner and all tenants of a parcel of real property are considered to be a single tenant.
(c) In this section, "malice" has the meaning assigned by Section 41.001, Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
(d) In addition to any civil penalties authorized under this section, the court shall award court costs and reasonable attorney's fees to the prevailing party.
(e) Venue for an action under this section is governed by Chapter 15, Civil Practice and Remedies Code.
(f) An action brought under this section must be commenced within two years from the date the image was:
(1) captured in violation of Section 423.003; or
(2) initially disclosed, displayed, distributed, or otherwise used in violation of Section 423.004."

"A trespass does not have to be committed in person but may be caused by allowing or causing something to cross the boundary of the property in question. Villarreal, 136 S.W.3d at 268 (citing Gregg, 344 S.W.2d at 416). A property owner's right to pursue an action for trespass occurs when there has been a physical unauthorized entry upon either the surface of his property of the airspace immediately adjacent thereto. See Villarreal, 136 S.W.3d at 269 (holding that a trespass of aerial space above the complainant's property may be committed by causing something to physically enter or crossover the land, such as the discharge of pollutants, [22] soot, or carbon)."
Sciscoe v. Enbridge Gathering (N. Tex.), L.P., 2015 Tex. App. LEXIS 5530 (Amarillo 2015).
  • DSK
  • 07-31-2015, 05:36 AM
You should know. Originally Posted by WombRaider
He is probably quite conversant in butt plugs - he certainly talks about them too often to assume otherwise.
  • DSK
  • 07-31-2015, 05:43 AM
FIFY

Back on topic: does anyone know according to Texas Law, what are the air space property rights are (if any)? Originally Posted by gnadfly
In the practice of Texas law, and certainly not excluding the sections accurately presented by LexusLover, the person who hires the best lawyer who knows property rights in this state and spends the most money is the one most likely to be able to use the airspace in the manner he desires.

In practice, it will probably prove cheaper to abandon the drone, and send a new one up to accomplish the goal, whether nefarious or not. If one is inspecting gas or oil pipelines, I would suggest you do not shoot it down. At this point, the oil and gas industry is full of lawyers worried about staying employed and need something useful to do. Stomping on some cowboy shooting down drones in Texas would prove to be a career enhancing case, if done properly.