"Temporary marriage?" Interesting request from a Muslim.

I've had some interesting, odd, and downright bizarre requests, but I just don't know what to make of this email I received today. Opinions, please?

hey beautiful. i would like to meet with you..and of u... so u look like the hottest girl on backpage. I have a request. i'm muslim and b/c of my religion i have to do "temporary marriage" before i can touch u. it is not the same as permanent marriage with the wedding etc..but it allows u and i to be together for a specific time. how it works: you would say:" and i say i accept. thats it. but also u need to be unmarried and christian, catholic, protestant, baptist, muslim, or jewish. so if u are willing to say that, and are not married and are muslim christian jewish then u meet my requirements and i'd like to set up an appt with u asap. u are really beautiful, and i hope u are polite and GFE friendly...i could see myself being a regular with u babe. oh yea and msog/ multiples are a requirement!!! btw...Im African and have a residence near the Galleria... take care. - XXXX

I'm thinking that the "i give myself to u for the agree time for the agreed donation" might be a creative bent on entrapment. If it's on the level, I guess I don't qualify anyway as I list my religion as "heathen."

Anybody ever heard of anything like this? Thanks!
Did a little research:

Nikāḥ al-Mut‘ah (Arabic: نكاح المتعة‎ marriage), or sigheh (Persian), is a fixed-term marriage in Shi'a Islam. The duration of this type of marriage is fixed at its inception and is then automatically dissolved upon completion of its term. The marriage is contractual and is subject to renewal. Financial payments may be made between the couple, usually with the male paying the female known as mahr or dower.
Nikāḥ al-Mut‘ah should not be confused with the term Nikāḥ-e-Misyar or Misyar Marriage (المسيار), one of the forms of non-conventional temporary marriage in Sunni Islam.

Still, would like some thoughts on this. I'm thinking that he sent out a blanket email to every gal on Backpage and is waiting to see who bites. Thanks.
Thank you, TTH. Fascinating! I kinda figured it was a loophole giving license to unmarried sex, and a pass for a man to find a provider. Jeez, and yet Western morals are despised by many Muslims? The only difference is product packaging.
I see nothing but trouble with accepting such a proposal, Fancy.

I would say that your own intuition tells you the same. Doesn't it?

However, if you do go through with it, tell us how it went.

A guy like that seems to have too many hang-ups to be any fun anyway.
I see nothing but trouble with accepting such a proposal, Fancy.
I would say that your own intuition tells you the same. Doesn't it?
However, if you do go through with it, tell us how it went.
A guy like that seems to have too many hang-ups to be any fun anyway.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
You're very perceptive, Fast Gun. Yes, my intuition is blinking a neon red "No!" at me. Seems to me with the history the culture has toward women, letting him treat me as a "wife" might be a really scary thing.
  • coven
  • 08-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Fancy,

I have similar feelings to your prospective client, but due to my sense of humor not my religious beliefs. Feel free to use my 'hobby wedding vows' as shown below.

"I promise to love you faithfully forever, or until the envelope is empty."

Coven
Fancy,

I have similar feelings to your prospective client, but due to my sense of humor not my religious beliefs. Feel free to use my 'hobby wedding vows' as shown below.

"I promise to love you faithfully forever, or until the envelope is empty."

Coven Originally Posted by coventricity

'Tis a great job I have, reliving a passionate wedding night over and over, and without the messy divorce once disillusionment has set in. I get paid to leave without benefit of a judicial order, and the fellow gets to keep all his toys, with pleasant memories.
Just make sure his references check out.
What a sham, if I remember correctly, quite a few of the Muslims who flew the planes into the Towers on 9-11 were seen to frequent strip clubs on a regular basis.

I wonder if they yelled "G-d is Great" during the lap dances?
Seems like a lot of ladies have been getting the same email.
  • jr0ck
  • 08-15-2010, 10:47 PM
Idk, not to defend him, but maybe he's trying to keep his 70(or however many) virgins that are supposed to be waiting for him on the other side.

The term Temporary Marriage just kind of rubs me the wrong way. Besides, he's probably going to say some stuff in Arabic, and you are going to say "I accept".

I'm also willing to bet you don't speak Arabic. So, accepting something you can't translate for yourself... My gut instinct is saying... Take the next call instead sweetheart. Life is complicated enough, don't invite more.

Just my .02, good luck.
Since you're in Texas and Texas is a community property state, you might get more than your regular donation at the end of the session in the division of property. See what he is worth.

['Course, IMHO, he is worthless as a hobbyist.]
Since you're in Texas and Texas is a community property state, you might get more than your regular donation at the end of the session in the division of property. See what he is worth.

['Course, IMHO, he is worthless as a hobbyist.] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
So, if he's a sheik I might get a castle? I'd probably end up chained in the dungeon.
don't do it girls. Well maybe if you know a provider of the same faith and speaks the same language. You trust to look out for you. And he is ok with doing both.