Have the democrats drawn their own line in the sand...

...or is this a one time thing? I'm talking about the free trade agreements currently moving around Washington. Seems that the democrats don't want them and voted against them over Obama's wishes. Have they gotten smart or have the unions taken note, threats about reelections have been made, and the democrats are falling into line against Obama. Will this revolt expand into other areas like national security, jobs, cyber security, and budgets? One can hope but I doubt it. This is more of a union busting bill and the democrats can only go so far...and stay in power. They have "careers" to think of after Obama leaves office.
The sad thing is the republicans who have signed on to these bills (acts). In most cases this is not the final legislation, this is the agreement in principle with other countries. Have they not been paying attention? Obama has not kept his word to anyone on anything (Gitmo is still open isn't it?). Why do they think he is not lying this time? If there is something really, really good here why not tell us. Any agreement (and follow up legislation) will control future trade deals after Obama leaves office and this deal will take about six months to complete. I can only think that they want a GOP president to swing a large hammer to fix the Obama fuckup.
Time to take some power back from the White House and give it to the people's house.

FYI, I don't have much hope that the dems have turned over a new leaf. They're trying to blame every failure of the Obama as a matter of non-existent budget cuts now.
If Ohalfbreed grifter is for it. I'm against it! Simple!
If Ohalfbreed grifter is for it. I'm against it! Simple! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
That's intelligent thought. Wouldn't want to try and actually understand anything.
A couple of democrats have come out to clarify their position; they actually like the free trade agreement that gives Obama more power (naturally) but what they really wanted was more taxpayer money to compensate the workers (is that like employees?) who would lose their jobs. So they know that Americans are going to lose jobs but they don't really care about that. They just want more taxpayer money. Some line in the sand....sounds more like pissing in the snow.
A couple of democrats have come out to clarify their position; they actually like the free trade agreement that gives Obama more power (naturally) but what they really wanted was more taxpayer money to compensate the workers (is that like employees?) who would lose their jobs. So they know that Americans are going to lose jobs but they don't really care about that. They just want more taxpayer money. Some line in the sand....sounds more like pissing in the snow. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Don't eat the yellow snow. Whooops, too late. JD just did.
Nancy Pelosi's remarks made it pretty clear what was going on.

TPA passed, 219-210. TAA went down, badly, because the pork content was not NEARLY high enough for Democratic taste buds. (Pork is haraam (forbidden) in Islam. How the Democrats reconcile their pork addiction with their Islamophilia I will never understand.)
...or is this a one time thing? I'm talking about the free trade agreements currently moving around Washington. Seems that the democrats don't want them and voted against them over Obama's wishes. Have they gotten smart or have the unions taken note, threats about reelections have been made, and the democrats are falling into line against Obama. Will this revolt expand into other areas like national security, jobs, cyber security, and budgets? One can hope but I doubt it. This is more of a union busting bill and the democrats can only go so far...and stay in power. They have "careers" to think of after Obama leaves office.
The sad thing is the republicans who have signed on to these bills (acts). In most cases this is not the final legislation, this is the agreement in principle with other countries. Have they not been paying attention? Obama has not kept his word to anyone on anything (Gitmo is still open isn't it?). Why do they think he is not lying this time? If there is something really, really good here why not tell us. Any agreement (and follow up legislation) will control future trade deals after Obama leaves office and this deal will take about six months to complete. I can only think that they want a GOP president to swing a large hammer to fix the Obama fuckup.
Time to take some power back from the White House and give it to the people's house.

FYI, I don't have much hope that the dems have turned over a new leaf. They're trying to blame every failure of the Obama as a matter of non-existent budget cuts now. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Seems that odummer's own dumbascraps just dragged their asses all over his rush for glory on this trade agreement. They dragged their asses all over it like a dog with worms ! Might not be a line in the sand, but it'll sure leave a line on the carpet !
  • shanm
  • 06-15-2015, 06:11 PM
No I think they should fall in lockstep with whatever their party comes up with.....screw them for standing up for what they believe in.