Any Jason Boland Fans out there?

Hey are there any Boland fans here that are going to the show at Firehouse Saloon on Friday Night?
Grrrr, didn't even know there was a concert! I had tickets for S LaR, and didn't get to go, but I know JB will be up by me at the County Line 8/31...so I'm hoping to go!

I love that kinda music! JB, Stoney, JAB, etc...went and saw all them and more at Lonestar Jam back in May here I thought I was the only one who knew what TX Country/Red Dirt Country was LOL

Cool Sam, I will be at county line In August.
Went to Musicfest in Steamboat Co in January. It's a fucking party!
Love me some Red Dirt music! I wish The Great Divide would come together again and make it to Houston!

Pop quiz...why I it called red dirt music???!!!
Did anyone else see that tumbleweed?
Well if I'm not mistaken "Red Dirt" comes from the color of the ground around southern OK and North TX, Witchita Falls etc...I was a follower of the Texas guy years ago like REK and Charlie Robison and finally started getting into Stoney, Ragweed, Boland etc...I must say my two current favs are Boland and James Mcmurtry. Mcmurtry is not red dirt but I dig it. Glad to see some hobbiests and providers are into it.

Saw a Ragweed reuinion in Steamboat, kickass
Check out Uncle Lucius, a relatively new band out of Austin, let me know what thinks!
Ding, ding....close enough. Yep, it's from the color of the dirt in western ok into parts of north Texas.
Cool Hookie, I missed the JB&S at the Firehouse tonight, couldn't find anyone to go, plus I got back in town around 7. Going to the show on the Lake Conroe in August though. Do you see many live shows?
Not in a few years...seems like I don't find out about them until the last minute.