Best job site to place a (non-adult) employment ad on in Houston?

I need to hire 5 people for my business (car detailing) and I was wondering; where can I get the most bang for my advertising buck?

I have not looked for a job in about 10 years and the last time I did, I just flipped though the Houston Chronicle so I’m a little out of touch when it comes to this.

Any suggestions?
Westpark...near Chimney Rock...get all the help you need...
Westpark...near Chimney Rock...get all the help you need... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Thought it was Westpark & 59?

Brooke I have Used Craigs List to Post job opening on many occassions and it has worked more than fine for me. I have hired 5 of my last 7 or so employees that way.

JaD
Thought it was Westpark & 59? Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
Where I'm thinking is that actual intersection...once they kicked them all out of the gas station parking lot, they seem to congregate under the Westpark Tollway on the south side of that intersection. Pull up with a truck and get all the detailers you need...drop them back off, rinse, repeat...
Westpark...near Chimney Rock...get all the help you need... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I don't thinck they are fond of piling into sports cars with cheap paint jobs.

Brooke, Send me some bus passes and a job description in Spanish. I'll hand them out up here on the north side. You'll be able to take your pick.
The Home Depot on Beltway 8 near Bellare or the Shell station at Beltway 8 and Bellaire or the corner of Durham two blocks south of I-10....just to name a few but you are better off hiring females.
Lol. I'm not sure those guys have the “look” I am seeking nor the attention to detail that these positions require. Every time I hire a non-English speaking Mexican I end up having to go behind them and touch up their work. Plus I’m the boss and I don’t speak a lick of Spanish.

As for Craigslist, I hired a full time house keeper from Craigslist about 3 years ago and she was a ghetto mess. For months I regretted my decision to allow her into my life and everytime I came home I was worried my house would be broken into by her “boys”. Ever since then I get a bad taste in my mouth when I think about CL.

I was dong a little research online and I think I may try to hire some people from the federal halfway house downtown. These guys/gals need jobs and need someone to give them a shot so I think these positions may be a great fit for them.

I am also faxed the job description over to the worksouce so hopefully between these 2 options, I will be able to get these positions filled with no cost to me.
you are better off hiring females. Originally Posted by tbone2u
Lol ... no way. Once I hire eye candy, on the days I show up and actually do some washing of the cars myself, I'm sure I'll get booed off my own property ...
People from halfway houses might not be very dependable.

I'd place an ad in a spanish newspaper and specify that english is required for the job.

Hardworking latino immigrants with at least some english proficiency would be your best bet.
Brooke, Send me some bus passes and a job description in Spanish. I'll hand them out up here on the north side. You'll be able to take your pick. Originally Posted by boardman
Vetrans Memorial just South of Louetta hanging out on the side of the street? Ija..... Lol

Brooke, did you interview her, or hire her based off her resumé online? I post job listings about once a year and will get the full spectrum of applicants.... From 10yr experienced master degreed accountants, to plumber apprentices, to baristas at coffee shops.... Just like as in everything else, there are quality people out there.... You just have to weed thru all the BS to get to them.....

SD has a fantastic point there..... And may actually be your best bet..... And in many cases, you need only find one really good employee that way, and they will bring in friends and family if asked or wanted....

JaD
I really do not know anything about them but try
texas.com
The Halfway house is good. everyone needs a job when they get out so thay will not do the samething to go back.
People from halfway houses might not be very dependable. Originally Posted by Sweet Discretion
I rarely, if ever, agree with SD, but on this I do, and would "crank it up a notch" to ....

... asking yourself why they are in the "half-way" house in the first place?

Let their probation/parole/supervision officer find them a job, not you!

Don't "set the fox to watch the chicken coop."

Some additional advice .. paper work.

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/...=98164,00.html
Every time I hire a non-English speaking Mexican I end up having to go behind them and touch up their work. Plus I’m the boss and I don’t speak a lick of Spanish. Originally Posted by Brooke Wild
Well, that is the problem.

You need to hire "non-English speaking" El Salvadorians.

I'm just curious: How can you hire a Spanish speaking worker who doesn't speak English when you don't speak Spanish. French? Portugese? Sign?
Almost everyone I know is hiring through temp services, not off the street. If you get a good one, you have an agreement to keep them on temp a certain length of time, like 2 or 3 months, then hire direct. If you get one who is questionable or just no good, the temp service can swap them out immediately. And if you have fluctuating demand, you can just tell the temp service to send me 3 or 7 or 9 people today, not 5.

In a few months you can build a group of reliable employees, plus keep your relationship with the temp service for attrition and turnover, or peak demands.