Movie and Food Review

Hey kids, do you guys like bbq?
Pecan Lodge- Oh my God it's the best I've ever had!!! Located in Deep Ellum, long lines...here's a tip: take three of your friends and skip the line, go to the express line and order the family platter for 69.00 sides extra...the brisket is so tender it falls apart when you try and pick it up. Collard greens stupendous!!
Everything was superb.

Movie:
The Kingsman- I love Matthew Vaughn ( Kickass, Xmen First Class, Layer Cake) his films are a blast. Kingsman is alot of fun, e the potential greek at the end was funny!

Predator- 1987...k I've seen it probably 10 times and LOVES IT AGAIN! Picked up a new Arnold line, after throwing his knife into a guy he said, " Stick around"
Did a little research and supposedly Robert Rodriguez is making a sequel to Predators...

50 Shades of Grey- wow...was this Dakota Johnsons first film?

A certain someone was rubbing my cock through the movie, and there were alot of couples in the theatre...a very interesting portrait of what being a submissive/dom can be like....I'll pass on the genital clamps too☺
Yo Nick, Thanks for review. Chung is missing. Was he the one rubbing your leg?
Pecan Lodge was rated #2 in the world by a 2013 edition of Texas Monthly magazine (they seem to think that if the joint is one of the best in Texas it is one of the best in the world by default). Franklins in Austin is rated #1. That is on my bucket list.

Pecan Lodge had the second best brisket I have ever tasted. I would say Louie Mueller's in Taylor (rated #4 in that same edition) had the best brisket I have ever had. With the quality of those three joints being so superior, it may very well be that any one of them could be the best on a given day. Even more so because WALDT.

Don't pass up a trip to Pecan Lodge. The meat is succulent and the sides are very good. The greens are down home country flavored.
Pecan Lodge is clearly the best in Dallas. But how Texas Monthly put it above Louie Mueller's is beyond baffling. ITs not even close. Especially once you get to the sausages.
  • MRMR
  • 02-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Pecan lodge rocks and agree about the express line.
As good as the brisket is at Pecan Lodge, I think their pulled pork is even better...

Franklin's brisket is amazing... It is hard to believe how good it is... It is worth waiting in line for 5 hours... The wait is actually a lot of fun...
Tried pecan lodge and it was good but not good enough to wait an hour in line. Got the brisket and rib combo and the hot mess.