Hotel/Motel booking lesson Wanted

Ladies and Gentlemen:

OK. When I travel I usually use Priceline and get a pretty good bang for my buck. Locally (Austin) if you book that way it usually means a 3pm check in with 11am checkout. Can someone enlighten me 1) how to get the best deal locally and 2) how to get around the check in or out times.....in other words can you get an early check in anywhere? lol

Please !
Motel 6 290/35 will let you check in early .
Ladies and Gentlemen:

OK. When I travel I usually use Priceline and get a pretty good bang for my buck. Locally (Austin) if you book that way it usually means a 3pm check in with 11am checkout. Can someone enlighten me 1) how to get the best deal locally and 2) how to get around the check in or out times.....in other words can you get an early check in anywhere? lol

Please ! Originally Posted by richcran
You can get an early check in, if it's not a busy time for the hotels.

It's best if you book directly thru the hotel, and tell them you need an early check in. Not sure if you can guarantee it if you book thru priceline or any of those other sites. You can always ask if they will match the going rate, tho. Some will, especially if they have a lot of empty rooms.

As far as excuses .....tell them you have no water, no a/c, no heat, etc. and just need a place to go til the repairman takes care of everything. Most are very understanding, and can't imagine living without such necessities.

Hope that helps!
Alisha ....xoxo
Thansk! Exactly what info I was looking for.......
richcran, be careful prepurchasing through Priceline. I've had occasions where I purchased via internet, only to be told upon check-in that they don't accept guests with local addresses. I have had limited luck explaining that I recently moved to Dallas, but haven't updated my license yet, and I am back here on business. Just know a Dallas address to fill out the registration with (I use the address for my favorite AMP up there).