Gift card??

can you pay membership with a Visa gift card or only credit card?
That would depend on the financial institution. Sometimes gift cards go through and sometimes they don't. You ever consider a money order?
Giving me a bunch of errors for required fields: address, name Eric. It's a gift card, no name on visa gift card and why would it need my address for gift card. Seems this is only setup for credit card
can you pay membership with a Visa gift card or only credit card? Originally Posted by Prohibition
A Visa gift card would theoretically be fine, but I think the common problem is that they are restricted to the US, and sites like Eccie often have their billing done outside the country. Several posters in several threads have indicated problems with pre-paid Visa gift cards here. So the short answer is generally no.

Sending in a money order instead is a good option, as Mojo said.
Best option is to write a qualifying review.
I don't see any info about money order on the site.
Ok, I think it is time to ask the mods to start giving a more clear and precise answer to these guys for this situation.

1). Standard credit card from a major bank with your real life info attached to it: 99% of them will work fine

2). Anonymous prepaid credit card: I believe the answer needs to be stated as: "Eccie has chosen CCBill as a payment processor. In addition, Eccie has chosen to use CCBills off shore processing center. This means that if you want to use a prepaid credit card, you must find one that will accept international online transactions ( Hahaha. Fat chance of that happening post Patriot Act)."

Saying that it depends on the financial institution is misleading. If I am wrong about this, please tell us which financial institution allows international online transactions for anonymous prepaid credit cards?

3). You can pay by money order but we don' make this info publicly available. If you need the info, PM a mod
I don't see any info about money order on the site. Originally Posted by Prohibition
3). You can pay by money order but we don' make this info publicly available. If you need the info, PM a mod Originally Posted by citizen44
c44 sums it up correctly.

To the OP (Prohibition), do this. Scroll to the bottom of your screen and click the "contact us" link, and type in a message indicating your intent. The mods will then respond and let you know what to do.
It depends on the financial institution is misleading. If I am wrong about this, please tell us which financial institution allows international online transactions for anonymous prepaid credit cards?
..... Originally Posted by citizen44
none

what's sad ..... is didn't the Patriot Act expire?
To add a little bit of info to this thread, I just bought a VanillaVisa Gift Card, and it does NOT work for eccie PA, which is consistent with the above posts. Yea, I could probably get away with CCBill showing up on my cc stmt, but just wanted to play it safe. So, I'll simply get a review going in the next week or two.
  • BBBD
  • 09-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Net spend visa is what you want. Do a google image search to see what it looks like. I used this card a couple of weeks ago to renew my P411 (Canadian billing Co). Cost $5 at CVS. It was the only prepaid card I could find that did not state it wasn't accepted outside the U.S. in the fineprint. Just be sure to log into the account after the payment processes and cancel the account so that you aren't charged a monthly fee for not using it.
Net spend visa is what you want. Originally Posted by BBBD
Can you buy a NetSpend Visa and use it immediately, or do you have to go online and register it with your personal info?
It's funny how the Patriot Act has expired but all the stoopid shit it started still remains.
  • BBBD
  • 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Yes, you still have to provide SS# and register. Pretty sure all prepaids are like that now. I was just letting folks know that you could use this one outside the U.S.
You only have to register it, if it is a reloadable card.
If it is strictly a gift card you dont.