wanted SMART PHONE WITH A KEYPAD that i can use

and not a keypad on a screen
see, I like the Sprint Rumor 2
because
I have a side button I can press that takes me directly to the camera function
-the SD card is easy to get to from the side port
I have a one button to press to look at my contact list
I have one button to press to call someone(speed dial)
I can get to my calendar/notepad with a press of the black center button up or down

I do not have easy access to email/google, so I want a smart phone
I currently have a HTC sprint evo, which sucks as there is no numberpad, just a screen and a slide out keyboard
is there a smart phone that has the assets I like in the Rumor2?
thanks
I think there are a couple of motorola driods that have slider keyboards and are true smartphones.
I think there are a couple of motorola driods that have slider keyboards and are true smartphones. Originally Posted by Bomb Pop
any names?
I want a phone, that is a phone, meaning has a phone numerical keypad AND is a smart phone
names would help me the best,,,all I see are flat panel bricks that need to be turned on and the screen unlockd before I can even place a call
Google really only came up with one, http://aaacorp.weebly.com/halcyon-du...uchscreen.html Just arent made that way now. Everyone went to touchscreen or landscape keyboard
They all have a numerical keyboard, on the screen. :-)
Like BlackBerry? Sprint Motorola Admiral...Epic looks similar to the Rumor 2.
Google really only came up with one, http://aaacorp.weebly.com/halcyon-du...uchscreen.html Just arent made that way now. Everyone went to touchscreen or landscape keyboard Originally Posted by Bomb Pop
yeah, that's just about all I could come up with
I'll stick to my rumor2, I have a phone and a qwerty slide keyboard
I dont need to access my email 24/7..not yet at least
Sprint is my carrier and I have a Samsung Galaxy S and it has a slide out keyboard. I like the use of the keyboard, think they all may be going the same way as the dinasour.
I used the Galaxy S for a while, and liked it. But the OP asked for a smartphone with a dedicated phone keypad -- he seems to want to be able to make and receive calls without turning the phone on and selecting the phone app.
and not a keypad on a screen
see, I like the Sprint Rumor 2
because
I have a side button I can press that takes me directly to the camera function
-the SD card is easy to get to from the side port
I have a one button to press to look at my contact list
I have one button to press to call someone(speed dial)
I can get to my calendar/notepad with a press of the black center button up or down

I do not have easy access to email/google, so I want a smart phone
I currently have a HTC sprint evo, which sucks as there is no numberpad, just a screen and a slide out keyboard
is there a smart phone that has the assets I like in the Rumor2?
thanks
Originally Posted by blade78

Get a blackberry bold 9900 or no contract straight Talk BB curve. Sounds just like what you are looking for.
You might consider an LG Optimus Slider.

They are probably available through Sprint and Virgin.
Get a blackberry bold 9900 or no contract straight Talk BB curve. Sounds just like what you are looking for. Originally Posted by Dragracer
no, it has no number pad to call someone from, its just a keyboard

You might consider an LG Optimus Slider.

They are probably available through Sprint and Virgin. Originally Posted by Enchanterlingum
why is this what I want?
It has no numical keypad either, how is thie different from an EVO or something?

I appreciate the help gentleman, but
I'm not going to like this phone OR the LG Optimus Slider.

because it's not a phone, its a tablet, that i can't dial with 2 keystrokes(like speedial on a phone,like what I have-->)

see with this phone, I have 2 things, I want 3
I have:
1. a numerical phonepad to make speedial calls, press button/press send or just hit send to call number I just called

2 I have a qwerty keypad to text
I want 1+2 and 3
3 is a smart phone-able to access email/use google

I dont want a phone that lacks 1+2 because I use my phone(call/text) 99% of the time and I dont need a crappy computer to search on google/check email that I get to use my finger to access and then not have the phone capabilities(1+2)

but It seems every phone out there is a slick, keyless paperweight that doesnt do anything optimally, except be portable,...portable enough to drop in the toilet
Hmm, my key less phone works just fine. Press the phone button and up pops a keypad. Good enough for me.
I really hate my bag phone this battery is killing my shoulder.
and the rotary dial takes so long.
Damn what to do.
and texting from a pay phone is a bitch, I don't know if I am spelling the words correct.
Thanks to the Library I can get on ECCIE and post messages...
Hmm, my key less phone works just fine. Press the phone button and up pops a keypad. Good enough for me. Originally Posted by royamcr
hmm*coughj* *fart*
yeah, it is good for you, great

i talk/text while driving and I dont take my eyes off my road....
but Im glad you have something that works for you, Im looking for something that works for me....