Entrapment law does not forbid police from denying that they are police.

• 06-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Entrapment law does not forbid police from denying that they are police.
http://www.snopes.com/risque/hookers/cop.asp

It is concerned with enticing people to commit crimes they would not, in the normal course of events, have considered.

Discuss.
This has been discussed at length on the main board.
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=20069
Apparently, several providers and attorneys here have stated that LE can "close the deal" to ensure a bust.
There's absolutely nothing here to discuss. This is one of the most idiotic rumors out there. Why would any one believe that an undercover officer would have to answer yes when asked if they are a cop?

It would be the first thing everyone asked when they met.
I am not anti cop, but as young man I always thought Cops were honest but as we know those guys( the bad ones) lie almost as bad as the crooks do!!
Rules on "closing the deal" vary according to the police department. There is no way Chief Acavedo is gonna allow that technique in Austin. The illegal act committed to make a conviction should at least be a lesser one than the crime they are trying to prosecute. Can you imagine the PR nightmare of allowing cops to engage in FS on the taxpayers' dime to bust someone on a misdemeanor? Especially when it's so easy to bust dumb girls without ever taking your clothes off? I really don't see how they get away with such rules in other municipalities. It must be because most cases are plead out and the media has never really made a big deal about it. I think one "7 on your side" style expose would put an end to any such police policy in most communities.
Rules on "closing the deal" vary according to the police department. There is no way Chief Acavedo is gonna allow that technique in Austin. The illegal act committed to make a conviction should at least be a lesser one than the crime they are trying to prosecute. Can you imagine the PR nightmare of allowing cops to engage in FS on the taxpayers' dime to bust someone on a misdemeanor? Especially when it's so easy to bust dumb girls without ever taking your clothes off? I really don't see how they get away with such rules in other municipalities. It must be because most cases are plead out and the media has never really made a big deal about it. I think one "7 on your side" style expose would put an end to any such police policy in most communities. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia

Ding Ding Ding! They do not make it to trial, in most cases. BUT do not think it hasn't happend or will not continue to happen here in Austin. If they want you bad enough they will do what they want. Oh how I wish I could tell you all a very interesting story. No disrespect to the ethical law enforment out there.
Britney, you should tell your story. If you've been rounded up and arrested - even if you plead to a lesser charge, people should know. After all, law enforcement agencies all know that when they get someone once, they are likely to get them again.
I did not say that this has happend to me, did I? I do have first hand knowledge of a very sad story, but it is not my place to tell. Please do not make presumptions or twist my words.

Respectfully,
Britney
I highly doubt that it is APD policy to allow police officers to engage in FS to bust misdemeanor crimes. If policy has changed, I'd love to hear about it and get that story out to the media immediately because there is no way that the general Austin community would tolerate sanctioned full service on the taxpayers' dime. APD had to cancel their last Cadette class due to a budget shortfall. If they have suddenly begun paying officers to get off, I'm sure some reporters would be eager to hear about it. I'm willing to bet that if an APD officer engages in FS and then busts the girl, it happens outside of department policy and he is relying on a "he said/she said" thing working in his favor. So is your story concerning an Austin bust or some other jurisdiction? And did the officer acknowledge the FS in his police report?

There is a BIG difference between a corrupt cop engaging in illegal acts against department regulations and an official police policy permitting such illegal acts.
I should be clear....corruption, not APD policy. Pm me if you like and we will chat.
  • 06-27-2010, 03:59 PM
I did not say that this has happened to me, did I? I do have first hand knowledge of a very sad story, but it is not my place to tell. Please do not make presumptions or twist my words.

Respectfully,
Britney Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
Yes, you did. Please learn what words mean; if it didn't happen to you it isn't first-hand knowledge. Getting told the story by the person it happened to is second-hand knowledge.
Yes, you did. Please learn what words mean; if it didn't happen to you it isn't first-hand knowledge. Getting told the story by the person it happened to is second-hand knowledge. Originally Posted by 78704

78704, you're twisting words, and you are mistaken. I'm not picking on you, but perhaps YOU are the one that needs to learn "what words mean".
If you and I are standing together, talking, or if we are just in the same room, and someone runs up and stabs you, I, THEN, HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE. It's only 2nd hand when I TELL SOMEONE WHAT I SAW AND/OR HEARD, and THEY tell the story.
BB NEVER said something happened to her. It didn't have to be "her".
ie: I'm in a hotel with a local lovely, "she" gets busted, and I'm sent on my way. I then have first hand knowledge. (whether I was busted or not)
You don't have to be the offended, or the offender to have First Hand Knowledge. You simply have to HAVE "first hand knowledge".
A witness is someone who has firsthand knowledge about a crime or significant event through their senses (e.g. seeing, hearing, smelling, touching), and can help certify important considerations to the crime or event. If I could not tell it, I should not have brought it up, sorry. My apologies for getting off topic in your thread. AND no, I am not being a smart ass. I realize I am off topic in your thread.

Respecfully,
Britney
Ding Ding Ding! They do not make it to trial, in most cases. BUT do not think it hasn't happend or will not continue to happen here in Austin. If they want you bad enough they will do what they want. Oh how I wish I could tell you all a very interesting story. No disrespect to the ethical law enforment out there. Originally Posted by BritneyBangs
Yes, you did. Please learn what words mean; if it didn't happen to you it isn't first-hand knowledge. Getting told the story by the person it happened to is second-hand knowledge. Originally Posted by 78704
She absolutely did not. Pay attention.
I highly doubt that it is APD policy to allow police officers to engage in FS to bust misdemeanor crimes. If policy has changed, I'd love to hear about it and get that story out to the media immediately because there is no way that the general Austin community would tolerate sanctioned full service on the taxpayers' dime. APD had to cancel their last Cadette class due to a budget shortfall. If they have suddenly begun paying officers to get off, I'm sure some reporters would be eager to hear about it. I'm willing to bet that if an APD officer engages in FS and then busts the girl, it happens outside of department policy and he is relying on a "he said/she said" thing working in his favor. So is your story concerning an Austin bust or some other jurisdiction? And did the officer acknowledge the FS in his police report?

There is a BIG difference between a corrupt cop engaging in illegal acts against department regulations and an official police policy permitting such illegal acts. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
You should read on Houston's boys in blue. Lie, cheat and, steal to seal the deal should be their motto. There are NUMEROUS claims of officers down here engaging in this sort of behavior unfortunately the ladies busted usually want a quick out of the situation so they plead to lesser charges or guilty so their stories never get heard.

Im not saying all Houston cops are crooked but sadly its the point where it seems as if the crooked ones outweigh the good ones, so the public is hesitant to confide in police.