Goodbye/ Retiring / Im never coming back?

Why do people find it necessary to make these threads

I just dont get it -- Why not just disappear and go on with your life -- If ya come back it dosent look so bad

• savak
  • 03-10-2013, 10:07 PM

While this doesn't apply to everyone, nor is it directed to anyone in particular, here are my feelings on the matter having had this discussion with a friend a few weeks back.

First, some people are destined to just love attention and/or drama. A going away thread may give them warm and tingly feelings to make them feel special! But for a more substantial analysis, we came up with the following:

For the guys/hobbiest, I've made a few friends on here, and it would be a way to say goodbye to those people. I'm sure several people mirror this sentiment.

For providers, I'm sure many of the ladies would like to say goodbye to their fellow ladies and gentlemen they've befriended along the way. Also, a going away/last chance announcement is a great way to drum up some business.

I know there are several ladies who I find intriguing/attractive but I just don't pull the trigger because, nowadays, I prefer to save my money for a rainy day and not play most of the time. If I saw that a certain provider was going away for good (or at least she claimed she was) I would be more willing to pull the trigger so to speak and shell out some money because said provider won't be there tomorrow, so to speak.

So there you have it. It's to say goodbye to our friends and the anonymous faces we've come to know (in a certain sense!) and to earn money. I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on this matter.
For those who are genuinely leaving, I think it is a matter of getting some closure.

Originally Posted by savak
LOL yup

Boom Boom Boom! Be nice! :-)

I am working on the above as we speak. Smile on my face and all....

BTW... I'll be LEAVING for Austin on Wed... but I'll be back Thursday
I am being nice --- I didnt say anything mean -- I simply stated I didnt understand it
Because Boom for some of us this is more than just a game. This is part of our life. We've made friends, overcome struggles, and maybe found love. Saying goodbye is monumental for those that leave and had a strong connection with the hobby. Marcus also made great points.

I'm also retiring. Maybe in 6 months, a year, 5 years, who knows.... But I will one day eventually retire so come see me now so you dont miss out! LOL I'm joking if you couldn't tell.
I am being nice --- I didnt say anything mean -- I simply stated I didnt understand it Originally Posted by BoomShakaLaka
You mean this isn't a gangsta mission? Lol. I was just playing with ya ;-)

I just dont get it -- Why not just disappear and go on with your life -- If ya come back it dosent look so bad

Originally Posted by BoomShakaLaka
That's the way I would go. No, sign of sonya lol....
I especially love the dipshits that do the delete my profile bullshit ! The info is still there so what the hell ? Just go the fuck away ! Who cares ? 90% of the time the morons come back anyway , attention whores !
Hey ROCKY tell us how you REALLY feel!!!
LMAO!
  • Netx9
  • 03-11-2013, 07:42 AM
Uhhh, I'm retiring for a couple of hours... Got a staff meeting. I'll miss you all... Until about 10am.
Uhhh, I'm retiring for a couple of hours... Got a staff meeting. I'll miss you all... Until about 10am. Originally Posted by Netx9
Honesty is always the best policy.
dammit Boom...you had me skeert! I thought YOU were leaving........before I got a chance to ride ya like I stole ya!! lol