A question on Pro Dommes and tipping

Has tipping become something that is expected beyond the tribute? If so what is customary? I have provided birthday gifts in the past or brought something with me to give them. Things like stopping at the store to pick up a bottle of wine or some supplies but I have never before been flat out asked for a tip.
who was it?
I've never been straight up asked
A nice gesture like wine, gift card to Victoria Secret, an extra. Just like you would tip a hair stylist or a masseuse
I used to carry $50 Victoria Secret gift cards and when I gave one I asked her to buy something special that would remind her of me. I often asked her to buy panties so they could spend time where I did not. This was situational dependent of course.
Not a good idea to directly ask I feel like gifts are appreciated not a given Yet the barista at a local coffeehouse in the drive Thru asks me every time do u want to include a tip? It throws me off when they Ask versus me Offering
Asking for a tip is very crass.
Tips and gifts are giving when service exceeds their expectations or as a gester of sweetness.