The Search Function

Whats up with the Search feature on here? I tried using it, but Not all articals between now and the past aren't showing up. I not sure if anyone asked this before, fearing that it would not come up. were there threats deleted like in a clean up or what? just wondering
Go back and read what you just wrote...after you sober up...
I meant Threads and Posts, not threats. I was tired when I wrote it. I don't drink.
It's down for maintenance
Not sure when it will be back up
Go back and read what you just wrote...after you sober up... Originally Posted by trynagetlaid
I understood what he meant.

And so did you. Your post added nothing to this thread.
Actually at the very top of EACH and EVERY forum in the ENTIRE site there is a sticky by St Christopher stating the "Search Feature temporarily unavailable"
Actually at the very top of EACH and EVERY forum in the ENTIRE site there is a sticky by St Christopher stating the "Search Feature temporarily unavailable" Originally Posted by surfindick
Surf,

St. Chris's post was on December 10, 2012 and states:

The Search Feature is receiving some maintenance over the next few days. It will be temporarily unavailable.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Seems like a few days (17 days to be exact) have passed and we are just looking for an update.

Success only raises expectations. The successful information exchange provided here has raised the expectation that the information will only be a few keystrokes away.
I am sure when an update is available he will post it...remember a few days in IT speak is very different than in normal languages.
  • YOLO
  • 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
If my car was in for "maintenance" that long, I would find a new mechanic.

I did a little inquiring and was told off the record that the site is growing so much that the Search was what was causing the database errors and the site to crash. So it's either figure out some magic or upgrade the whole server to a faster one and move everything to it. At least the site isn;t crashing anymore. I'd rather have the rest of the site up without the crashing.

Fuck it, I just use Google.