Amazon plane crash Houston

Boeing 767 cargo plane went down Saturday in Trinity Bay, on the way to Houston. Seems like it would have been a bigger national news story. It was only 30 miles out from Bush airport, what if it had made it within 5 miles ?
So sad those people are dead. What a shitty way to die, delivering packages for Amazon.

I wonder what happened.
It was a cargo plane. Likely some kind of mechanical problem. Unless something else comes of it the 24 hr. news cycle has covered it. On to Vietnam.
So sad those people are dead. What a shitty way to die, delivering packages for Amazon.

I wonder what happened. Originally Posted by CurvyKatie

It is sad but I can think of worse ways to go. It may be romantic in a Samurai sort of way but I can think of no better way to die than to do so while fulfilling the responsibilities of your chosen profession.
Damn that's fucked up.....
To the OP...
In an emergency situation of this magnitude a flight crew doesn't pick their spot to crash...you can do PLENTY of research on this over the many and many of years of flight...you go in where you go in!!
When someone in their car breaks down do they pick that spot to break down??
The vast majority of air crashes occur at takeoff or landing...FACT!!
P.S. I know I'm in aviation.
This sounds like a catastrophic structural failure...this and on-board fires are two things that send chills through flight crews!!
So that's why I didn't get my shipment on time!
A 767 has the glide path of a brick
There are a few of these cargo plane crashes on youtube. It almost always looks like the cargo shifted and the plane becomes unbalanced. Original comment about 5 miles is for what if the plane went out of control closer to Houston and Bush airport ? It would have been a major catastrophe.
There are a few of these cargo plane crashes on youtube. It almost always looks like the cargo shifted and the plane becomes unbalanced. Original comment about 5 miles is for what if the plane went out of control closer to Houston and Bush airport ? It would have been a major catastrophe. Originally Posted by VitaMan
That's the likely scenario. I've taken that route a few times. They come in over Anahuac and start decent and make a turn to the north toward Huffman then back east. If something significant enough shifts on that deceleration or in the turn it's probably difficult to recover.
Planes coming in on an East to West approach like this one was on fly right over Atascocita and Humble.
I was returning from central America the next day, read the story just as my plane crossed the crash site. Pilot dipped left wing to get a look. Made for a nervy landing
Well fuck me running.....I knew that Hurley cap and pair of Nike’s should’ve been here by now.....incompetent pilots...fml....
Now a Boeing in Ethiopia
Now a Boeing in Ethiopia Originally Posted by VitaMan
Which is the 2nd Boeing 737 MAX 8 to crash in past 8 months.

The first one was a Lion Air Indonesian airliner.

From an article I've found on the net:

There are similarities: Both jets were almost brand new, both experienced difficulties shortly after takeoff and asked to return to the airport. But the details are absolutely crucial here.

In the wake of the Lion Air crash in Indonesia, it emerged that the 737 Max contains software that forces the plane’s nose down in certain circumstances to prevent it stalling. Some pilots weren’t aware of the safety system and felt they should have been told. The New York Times reported that the manufacturer wanted to keep additional pilot training to a minimum (the 737 Max competes with Airbus SE’s 320neo).

Boeing insisted, however, that all pilots know how to override the plane’s automated systems. In view of the Lion Air disaster, it would be surprising if the Ethiopian Airways pilot was unaware of this procedure.
That 737 MAX 8 is also used by U.S. Airliners for short and middle range flights.

They are on Southwest, American, United fleet.

May have to start paying attention to what airplane is assigned to the flight you are reserving and if you see it being a 737, to find a different flight.
So Sad! Think of the lives lost, instead of what if...