When looking for info about a lady, please consider putting her name in the thread title...

I know this has been brought up before, but it's been a while, so...

We (as hobbyists) have this unfortunate habit where, when we want to ask if any other hobbyist has any information about someone specific, we make the post title something like:

"Know anything about this one?"

or:

"Any info on this SA girl?"

Or even worse, something like?

"Any hofo?" (yeah, like that's the entire post title...)

Or yet worse than that, just:

"Hofo?"

(The latter two really get under my skin, but that's a separate topic entirely...)

If I open the post, there's usually not even much more than that, other than an off-site link that we need to open.

My question is - why not simply put the lady's name (and maybe even location) in the post title? More like:

"Any info on Sexy Suzie in Dormont?"

or:

"Anyone know anything about SomeSugarBBY on SA?"

This makes it easier to help you with what you need, and makes it more likely that you'll get some info that you might find helpful. This is especially important with SA, where a link to a sugar baby's SA profile (while still helpful, so please don't stop including that) is nothing more than a long string of apparent nonsense that it's very unlikely anyone would recognize without actually opening the link and logging into SA - which means we have to do that to discover if we might even have any information that might help you.

This message brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Grumpy Old Hobbyist....
From a fellow GOH, I feel it necessary to point out that we don't always know the girls name or handle. If it's SA, sure (which I empathically disapprove of posting SA related content unless it's a known pro-ho), but for STG or LC or any other free site, it's difficult to find a name unless the girl posts it. Then you also run the risk of "outing" someone with real-world info.

That being said, one thing that makes my eye twitch, is a thread asking for "Hofo info?". That's like de-thawing something from the freezer.
Yep. You should refer those people to the department of redundancy department. Then head over to the ATM machine to grab some cash.