Very Disappointed About Professional Pictures

A couple of months or so ago I agreed to do a deeply discounted session with an, at that time, regular of mine. Solara. In exchange he was to take professional photos of me for my portfolio. We did the photo shoot, I rented a very tastefully decorated upscale & expensive hotel to use for my pictures. Afterwards, I used the room for our session.
Since then, he has given me 2 pictures. About 100 or more were taken. He has avoided my inquiries about when I could get my pictures and tonight he told me not to contact him anymore because he had a girlfriend.
He ripped me off. Not only am I out what I discounted him the session, I am out the price of the hotel room I paid for. He won't even acknowledge that he even took the pictures now. It's wrong and it's unfair and I've needed those pictures badly.
Tonight I told him that I was applying for a job out of the country and had to have professional pics to go with my application. No response to giving me my pictures, instead "Don't contact me I have a girl friend" I have contacted him maybe 3-4 times since he did the pictures and I believe it's been a couple of months ago or longer. WTF?
Solara, that's bad business. You took advantage of me and ripped me off. I have asked you to just load the pictures onto a disc or something and I'd meet you anywhere to get them. I told you don't worry about editing or resizing them just to please let me have them so I can use them. Nothing. Well I told you that if you didn't make an effort tonight that I would be putting you on blast. I am living up to my word.
What's sad is that I trusted you since I had seen you several times before, normally I would never do a session without getting my pictures first.
That's cold.
Sincerely,

Man that is fucked up!
Did he even have a camera?
Mercianna, sorry to hear that. I'm a pro photographer and will be glad to shoot photos for you and even download them to your laptop on-site or give you a cd. Let me know if I can help.
Lol, Pyramider....yes, he had a camera and brought a bunch of equipment to go with it. I'm still waiting to find out about the taint.... I think he might have took a few pics of one. Anyhow, taint pics or not, I don't think he is going to be giving me my pictures. You're right Ms. Random, it is so fucked up...
Drlovefw, that is so sweet of you and yes, I will take you up on your offer... call me anytime and lets plan a time to get together!
very uncool. i promise you that not all of us are like that.
Lol, Pyramider....yes, he had a camera and brought a bunch of equipment to go with it. I'm still waiting to find out about the taint.... I think he might have took a few pics of one. Anyhow, taint pics or not, I don't think he is going to be giving me my pictures. You're right Ms. Random, it is so fucked up...
Drlovefw, that is so sweet of you and yes, I will take you up on your offer... call me anytime and lets plan a time to get together! Originally Posted by mercianna

Make sure the taint is yours and not his prior to posting.
Pyramider,
If by some miracle I get the pics back & I find out there are pictures of his taint in there... I will probably throw up.
Solara=douchebag
You did the right thing by putting him on blast! Very wrong of him!
Ouch. I think those ended uP in his personal folder. That really sucks big time. I don't do pro pics, for that very reason. I'm scared they will end up on my crazy ex girlfriend.com or something!
I agree Little Miss. I never get pics done by anyone in this business. I may get professional ones every other year....
Ouch. I think those ended uP in his personal folder. That really sucks big time. I don't do pro pics, for that very reason. I'm scared they will end up on my crazy ex girlfriend.com or something! Originally Posted by LittleMiss
The photographer should have a signed release for them to end up there (or any where) - if you didn't sign a release you could do some serious damage. When you do a shoot and the photographer doesn't even know about the minimum paperwork - he's no Pro.
Yes, he is using my photograph as his main profile photograph on his model mayhem profile. I also found out that the day he told me not to contact him because he had a girlfriend he sent a p411 request to a friend of mine...talk about shitty.
I did not sign a release for him to use my pictures. I think it's bs that he is because he didn't even give me what I paid for. Yet he is using my pics as advertising.
Oh wow! Now that is scary! This is the VERY reason I have been SO SCARED about getting professional pictures.

Sorry, Mercianna that you had to go through this...