Excluding those in the sex industry from covid-19 relief is a mistake

Worse, It’s a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.
Sex workers aren't "excluded". Owners of SOB's are. Your strip club owners, brothel owners, sex shop owners. That isn't new. That has been SBA regulation for decades. The actual workers are still eligible to apply for self employed unemployment in most states. I have a couple of stripper friends who are currently drawing unemployment.

The only catch is that you have to have filed your taxes.
The Washington ComPost has struck again especially from a Graduate student from TCU....
Sex workers aren't "excluded". Owners of SOB's are. Your strip club owners, brothel owners, sex shop owners. That isn't new. That has been SBA regulation for decades. The actual workers are still eligible to apply for self employed unemployment in most states. I have a couple of stripper friends who are currently drawing unemployment.

The only catch is that you have to have filed your taxes. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
Not totally correct Grace. If you work at a Strip Club, topless bar, or a legal Nevada brothel, the owner can’t receive PPP assistance based on the documented wages paid to employees, so essentially the workers are being excluded.
No-- because the workers are still eligible to draw unemployment. In general, the only employees that would benefit from PPP would be cashiers, bartenders... folks who AREN'T considered "self employed". I don't know of a brothel worker or a stripper in most states that receive a paycheck... its all self employment income. So, even if they "could" receive PPP.. it would not go to the ladies.