Question for the Massage Ladies

I enjoy giving massages. Some of you that I have met know this. Recently, I have been thinking of upping my skill level by taking classes and maybe getting certified.

What is the best way to choose where to get your training? Are there any schools to avoid at all costs? Any recommended schools? I will only got to schools in DFW area, or very close.

Thanks in advance for the info!
I am curious of this as well......
  • thx
  • 08-13-2011, 12:12 AM
me 3.
strange that no fbsm lady with training has replied.
Perhaps you should email/pm one or two directly.
I am one that enjoys giving my partner a massage .......guess its called a rub down ..........since I am not registered or liscened(sp) .........it starts things off very relaxed for both of us ......I do hope that they have enjoyed it also ...and massage tables are terrific heights for most everything else ...T
It takes 500 intense hours of education, a rigorous national exam, and about $8k - $10k to become a licensed massage therapist in Texas. It also takes a lot of stamina and genuine love of the craft as massage is hard physical labor.

The two best local schools are Kekino in Plano, and Sterling on the Tollway north of Keller Springs. ATI is about to go out of business, and avoid HiTech Institute and Parker College.

Let me know if you have questions.
Kekino has an excellent program from what I hear. I've also heard good things about UBWell up in McKinney. I've also heard good things about Parker since the changeover. Its a minimum of 500 hours to become licensed in Texas. Programs in DFW range from 4k-10k and range from 5-9 months.