5. Birmingham
  6. Atlanta
  7. Baltimore
  8. Stockton
  9. Cleveland
  10. Buffalo
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 03:00 PM
With all of the shootings and crime in Chicago in the news lately, and it doesn't even make the top 10?
Palladino for the people
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Tebow?
With all of the shootings and crime in Chicago in the news lately, and it doesn't even make the top 10? Originally Posted by GP
I spent the better part of my adult life in Chicago. It's a great town, but you never hear about crime there. It's like it doesn't get reported, they are in crime denial. I remember one tragic story about a family from Toronto that were visiting and went to dinner in Chinatown. It wasn't far from their hotel so after dinner they decided to walk back and look at the city, just like they would have done back in good old harmless Toronto. They were all killed by by a gang from one of the projects. That one was hard to hide from the public.
  • GP
  • 10-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Was their last name Griswald?
How can Chicago not be in top 10. Rochester can't be far behind
With all of the shootings and crime in Chicago in the news lately, and it doesn't even make the top 10? Originally Posted by GP
How can Chicago not be in top 10. Originally Posted by cowboy8055
It's probably because of the use of per-capita statistics.
Really? Buffalo is 10th?
That surprises me. I spent many years in and near Detroit. I've always felt totally safe in Buffalo... unlike Detroit. Sure Buff's has it's rough areas but much fewer and father between than Detroit. On the whole Buffalo feels much safer in more places. OK I don't think anyone that doesn't live in a Project should go there after dark in most metros. Chippewaw (?) Bar district seems more geared to "kids" anyways.... but there are so many cool old places downtown I really like seeing. Only good old things in Detroit are burned out hulks or falling apart. Per capita maybe its a justified comparison but realistically?
Chicago, El Paso, Dallas and Washington DC all worse IMO
Chicago is not on because the list is per capita per city. Now if you the take the metropolitan Chicago area the stats will probably be different.

Dallas is bad by its self but if you take the DFW area probably not so bad.