Isn't something special

That after 50years the rolling stones will tour again man these guys are old they were always one of my favorite rock bands I've seen them in concert many times. And have always loved the song midnight rambler
Nice picture jack he does look very old wonder how high he can jump on stage
That is pretty amazing, I'm just not a fan, same with the Beatles, they are the boyband (nsync,Backstreet boys 98°...) of their times.
That is pretty amazing, I'm just not a fan, same with the Beatles, they are the boyband (nsync,Backstreet boys 98°...) of their times. Originally Posted by Lexxxy
I'm going to have to disagree with you there Lexxxy.
The Beatles were/are some of the greatest musicians of our time. To refer to them as a "Boy Band" would be a gross misrepresentation.
They appealed to everyone, all over the world. Whether you are a fan or not, you cannot ignore what they did for music, and the talent they had.
I guess when you look back at the old videos from the 60's when the Beatles and the Stones first came to America and you see all of the girls screaming you can make the association of being a "boyband" of their time. But the boybands of the past 20 or so years have basically been flash in the pans....popular only when they were young.

The Beatles and the Stones changed music forever and have withstanded the passing of time. I've never been a huge fan of either but I totally respect what they have done...although there are some truly great Beatles and Stones songs.
No doubt they have changed music. I'm just saying I am not a fan especially considering how elementary the Beatles music is as far as technicality is concerned. I have a handful of songs I like from both bands combined. The British invasion I like is Ozzy
  • GP
  • 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM
they are the boyband (nsync,Backstreet boys 98°...) of their times. Originally Posted by Lexxxy

Bite your tongue....... Where are all of those groups you mentioned now? <crickets chirping> I bet not one of them will even come close to being the equal of the Stones or The Beatles.
Bite your tongue....... Where are all of those groups you mentioned now? <crickets chirping> I bet not one of them will even come close to being the equal of the Stones or The Beatles. Originally Posted by GP
This is very true but I'm referring to their explosion onto the scene not longevity.
The Backstreet Boys and New Kid on the Block are boy bands.

The Rolling Stones and the Beatles are icons.
The Beatles are over rated. The Stones used to be under rated. However, neither were boy bands. They were musicians, young lady.

The "boy bands" were never a band. Bands require musicians.
No doubt they have changed music. I'm just saying I am not a fan especially considering how elementary the Beatles music is as far as technicality is concerned. I have a handful of songs I like from both bands combined. The British invasion I like is Ozzy Originally Posted by Lexxxy

Not a fan myself of the Beatles. I think I like more of thier stuff they did indivudually myself John Lennon was an incredible writer of music who was lost well before his time!! Rolling Stones Hmmm they are ok, I do think they have done a a lot of good music, just not too my liking thou!!

But These guys are the Kings!!
Black Sabbath all the way!!! True gods of Metal!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8YnB2povnw

But I can't forget one of my alltime favorites Judas Priest!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LTzL...eature=related
No doubt they have changed music. I'm just saying I am not a fan especially considering how elementary the Beatles music is as far as technicality is concerned. I have a handful of songs I like from both bands combined. The British invasion I like is Ozzy Originally Posted by Lexxxy
I’m with you, Lexxxy. I certainly don’t live and breathe The Beatles, but I must give credit where credit’s due.

The music of The Beatles is far from elementary. Even in the early days, the harmonic progressions were quite complicated with the classic use of descending 5ths progressions; auxiliary chords that give a modal (mixolydian) feel to some arrangements; different chordal progressions other than the I, IV, V so commonly used in blues, which early “Rock-n-Roll” was an offshoot; the extensive use of 7 and 9 chords; etc, etc.

And that was done in the early days.

In the studio years (’67 to ’70) the musical complexity of the records, created using relatively primitive four-track recording technology, was astounding. Take, for instance, “Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band”, The Beatles response to Brian Wilson’s groundbreaking “Pet Sounds”. But that’s another story.
I was never a big Beatles fan, too "pop" for my tastes. Their significance lies in their enabling the "British Invasion". With the Rolling Stones the suburban white folk were shown Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, and the rest of the Chicago blues men that had been largely ignored up to that point. Without Led Zeppelin there would have been no "Metal" bands. Eric Clapton hooks up with Delaney and Bonnie Bramlett and that begets the the Allman Bros and Southern Rock in general. And on and on it goes.
As far as influence goes nothing tops the Beetles and Elvis. For myself, I was partial to Pink Floyd and the Doors.