iPhone pics vs professional photos

I've been noticing that the selfies I take and edit on my phone seem to have more of an impact than the professional ones I spent oodles of money on. I'd love y'alls perspective so I can put my best foot forward before visiting Omaha again next week.
The professional photos always look better, and provide better poses than selfies. Some of the professional photos can be over photoshopped. Also it is hard to know if the pictures are current or 5 years old.

Selfies are generally recent and guys trust that is what you look like now.
the best shots i have are taken on my cell phone

no photoshopping,only change the lighting effects

youre HOT..enjoy!!
The majority of the time I'd rather see selfies. Not only that but no filters.
Imo most guys aren't looking for or expecting perfection they just want to know what you'll look like in person.
Some pro photogs are not pro studio photogs.
Think about that.
I used to get a press pass for sports photography.
But, I don't know diddley about studio portrait work.
Different equipment, different lighting, etc.
I will mention that heavily photoshopped pics, even by a pro photog, can lead to an expectations thing
I think men like real I’ve never had a professional photo op done and have never suffered. They look nice on a website, but some can be so doctored that they’re impossible to live up to in real life.
I agree I get the best feedback with phone camera shots. ����
I do a lot of photography and I use photoshop to adjust lighting, crop the photo and sometimes remove distracting "junk in the background. I CAN do a lot more but in general I do not. I have "shot" a few ladies and have not ever been requested to doctor up appearances and would not even if asked. I can not, however do much about makeup that is applied for the sake of concealment.
  • Ginks
  • 05-24-2023, 09:35 PM
Selfies, those professional shots always over do it and border on false advertising IMO. I'm looking for a women, not a perfect, blemish free, Barbie... If they're professional shots I'll actually Google around and see I can find some "real" photos of the provider.