Should we revise the rules governing the Incall Provider Short Notice Availability Thread?

It appears the Incall Provider Short-Notice Availability thread posted in Requests and ISOs has served its purpose well in providing another avenue for ladies and gents to get together. As of this morning it's up to 40 pages and almost 55k views.

The idea has proved popular enough that our brothers and sisters in Houston have started their own thread, with a few twists that I think are worthy of consideration. I don't want to tinker with something that works well enough, with little need for mod or member intervention, so I thought I would start a discussion here and see if there is any consensus on making adjustments. Here are a few of the modifications made by the Houstonians:

No photos in the body of the post. This is keeping in the spirit of what I was requesting, but I didn't think to be so specific when I started the thread. This is meant to be a notice of availability, not a repeat of the lady's weekly ad.

If a lady fills the time she offered up as being available, she must post a follow-up message indicating same. The idea here is to prevent women from posting every single day that they are available all day, which is not really what this is all about. If you're generally available on short notice, go ahead and state that in your weekly ad and leave the IPSNA thread to those who truly have an unexpected vacancy.

The last major difference is policing of the thread by mods. The Houston team demonstrated their support for the thread by agreeing to remove any post that violated their rules. I'm all for that, but I didn't want to burden the mods with yet another task, and while I've received private and public support for this thread from "management", I don't interpret that as an indication they want to take on such a task.

I've seen at least one other suggestion that I close the thread each week and open up a new one so that it doesn't run to 40 pages as is the case today. The only advantage I see to that is it increases the likelihood that ladies will actually see the instructions contained in the initial post. That might be more easily fixed by adding "(Please read instructions before posting)" to the title. In any event, I'd be happy to start a new post each week if you want to pay me to do so (free sessions will be accepted as payment in kind).

Those are just a few ideas I had kicking around that I thought I'd share. I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts on the matter. As I said at the outset, I think the thread is working well enough as it is, but there may be some very good ideas out there on how to make it better. Let's hear 'em!
I have glanced at it casually. I must say I used it once. I saw my atf in dallas post on it and it was a done deal. I think it should be a stickie. I do agree there should be no pics. I also like the idea once ur slot is filled you should post. Reduces the chance for double bookings and it allows other ladies to have a chance. The thread itself is on cruise control. Since it moves fluidly, I dont think there is a need to restart it weekly and other iso's takes up the slack.
Hey TM, my 2 cents! the thread works very well as is! too many rules causes friction! I check out the Houston and Austin forums and sometimes hobby there and I wouldn't copy anything they put out! Dallas rocks when compared!
TM, it's an excellent thread and obviously works well. Like anything else, there is room for abuse, but, to their credit, not too many ladies have jumped on it as just another way to get a free ad. I agree that asking the mods to police it regularly might be unreasonable; maybe just for blatant misuse. And it would be the considerate thing to do for a provider to repost when she is no longer available, but that may be wishful thinking (if you know what I mean). All in all, I think it could use a little tweeking in the "proper use" category, but for the most part, "if it aint broke..."
There were rules?
It worked very well for me last week and I went on to have an awesome session! I also think it is a great idea for follow up posts if your time has been filled.
There were rules? Originally Posted by pyramider
Yeah. Rule #1 was "No taint".
I'm 100% for the removing of posts by those providers who simply cannot follow the very minimum guidelines.

Might even be worth pointing them for their attempted hijacking to truly emphasize this.

Although they cannot advertise rates, at the very least they should indicate an approximate location.

If a guy is looking at the thread and searches for where he is or where he will be, nothing is worse than not being able to actually conduct a meaningful search for say "Tollway and Beltline" or 75/635

I know there is a way to prune forums to a limited number of days but not sure if there is a feature in vbulletin to automatically prune a thread to a certain number of days or posts?
First, ThatDude said "... once your slot is filled ..." LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Second, I frequent the thread as I work in Dallas so off and on that I never know when I'm going to be there. It's nice to have somewhere to look that lists who is available when I'm in town. But I do have to say I grow tired of the same people posting day after day with a rehash of their ad. And I wish more of the lovelies used it ...

I agree in with no pics, no ad rehashing, and maybe a weekly iteration. But it's really no big deal to just hit the "Last Page" link and jump to the most recent.
I like it also.. I think:
(1) it would be good to make it a sticky;
(2) it would be good to clear its contents once a week and
(3) there should be no pictures allowed.
Of course the guys could make a list of their own on who they see listed on there that fit their criteria in a provider, so instead of continually searching and seeing the same posts over and over, you'd have your own personal list to go off.

Just a thought.....
Seems like a lady if she fills her open "SLOT" within the hour could easily edit her post to show it was filled.

I haven't used it, but it seems like a good way for guys to meet ladies on short notice availability. (Especially when CHAT is down.)
The Houston thread seems to be hitting its stride, with all the ladies who have posted in the last several days following the rules. Early mod intervention seems to have helped. Once a few obvious ads were deleted, ladies started falling in line.
I like it also.. I think:
(1) it would be good to make it a sticky;
(2) it would be good to clear its contents once a week and
(3) there should be no pictures allowed. Originally Posted by Invisible1
I agree.
YY
Of course the guys could make a list of their own on who they see listed on there that fit their criteria in a provider, so instead of continually searching and seeing the same posts over and over, you'd have your own personal list to go off.

Just a thought..... Originally Posted by QueenSophie
Damn it Sophie, that avatar as "ass-tastic." As to the original post, don'y mess too much with success. I actually like the idea of a new weekly thread to keep the page number down. Regardless, changes or not, great idea!