Interesting thought

This primarily goes out to those hobbyist that do not have an SO of any kind and to the ladies.

Today was my sister's wedding (yay her). Months ago I was asked to be a part of the wedding court...party...whatever you call them...but was told I would need to bring a date. I knew perfectly well I wasn't going to be able to find someone to go with me (my dating life in general is nonexistent to begin with so I figured this was out of the question). So I declined and said I would help in other ways if needed. While sitting at the reception....alone [cue the song All By Myself]...an interesting thought popped into my head. I read all the time advice from hobbyist to other hobbyist to always keep your civi life separate from your hobby life i.e. don't fall for your ATF, don't become friends with a provider outside of the hobby, etc. I've seen on a few websites for some providers that they offer to be a "dinner date" to a corporate function or any kind of social gathering. So here's the question...and remember this is targeting hobbyist that do not have an SO:

Would you ever book with a provider to be a date to a family function (wedding reception, anniversary reception, etc)? I have a pretty good idea what the majority answer would be but I'm interested in what the actual results are.

And ladies, what about you? What if a client wanted to book with you but told you it was this kind of situation? How would you feel? Would you go through with it? Have you done it before?

• Go4it
  • 10-20-2012, 10:30 PM
If you do, be sure she fits well with your image and come up with a good cover story.
  • ~Ze~
  • 10-20-2012, 10:37 PM
It should be someone that knows you fairly well and can direct a conversation. Just in case a question comes up about how you two met etc... she can deflect.
I have been asked to go with good clients (we know each other well) to functions such as birthday parties or night out with their friends or co-workers many times. I make sure and dress accordingly and make sure that we "get our story straight" prior to the event. I mostly talk about my real life situations in conversations since I am a normal per son that has children and have been and am currently going to college. when they ask what I do for a living I simply state something that has been a past occupation depending on the people. I have been a nurse, a lifeguard, and a dancer besides my current occupation. Therefor I have many different professional backgrounds that I can honestly speak about and not sound like a liar or dumb-ass. I think it is good if you know the provider very well and they are educated and sophisticated.
If I was in your shoes I would be willing to do it, WITH THE RIGHT LADY. You don't want to show up with a lady wearing stripper heels, a skirt so short it shows half her ass and not being able to carry on a conversation in propper english.
  • Jaci
  • 10-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I would accomadate any of my clients to a social function, family gathering or what
ever it might be. I can hold a conversation !! And I can dress !! Flip Flops & Shorts,
Jeans & Boots or After Five Wear I wear them all well!!!!
Come & Kiss Me, Jaci
I say it is an excellent idea, make choose a provider who is not very popular and hides their face. Picka low volume provider so she wont feel like is wasting time when other gents are calling her. Make up a good cover story and everything should be fine. I dunno about how educated and blendable other women are but i know i myself have very good conversation and a genuineness about me that peple love.
All depends on your motivation for doing it.

Do you want to be lying to your friends and
family the whole time about the nature of
your relationship.

Or is the whole thing about impressing them
with a hottie hanging onto your arm and the
lying is not a problem for you.

Personally I wouldn't care for the dishonesty.
And I could care less about impressing them.

Just remember you will probably be talking to
the different people quite a bit with a lot of
different questions being asked, and that
would require quite a few lies being told
that wouldn't conflict with each other.
I have several regulars that I go out with from time to time. I have even been on dinner dates with new clients, but with my few regulars, as I am very low volume), we usually do become friends and I have even gone out with them totally OTC, with no private time after, and yes, I have been to family functions and even to family functions. I do think clients and providers can become friends and I even went to a family reunion once. And if I have a regular appointment scheduled, and my clients wants to take me out to lunch or dinner, I don't charge for that time. I don't understand why a provider would. It's fun to be taken out and have a nice guy buy me dinner and drinks, and the of course I know the donation will come with the playtime after.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++

ADD SPICE TO YOUR LIFE WITH A TAST OF GINGER-DELICIOUS!
_____SWEET ANDSPICY, ALL WRAPPED UP IN THE SAME REDHEADED PACKAGE. EXPERIENCE A REAL GFE.__

https://www.preferred411.com/P78204

Just go on BP and pick one ... what could possibly go wrong?

If you have functions where you are "required" to bring a date (odd concept), I don't see why you couldn't just bring a friend~ a co-worker, neighbor or a guy friend. How is it anyone's business whether you have a current romantic interest or not?

Why go through elaborate shenanigans like hiring a hooker and scripting a backstory to please others? You should be having fun at social outings! Bring the guy friend or gal friend who makes you laugh. Bring a person you genuinely enjoy talking to whether he or she has pants you want to get into or not

I'm bothered that your sister wouldn't allow you to be part of the wedding party without a date. (Bridezilla?) If she's so worried about how things look (rather than how her loved ones feel), then not having her brother be a groomsmen is the worst thing she could do! People will be talking about that and reading a discord into it.

The groomsmen and the bridesmaids are in the wedding party. Did they only ask the husbands and boyfriends of the bridesmaids to be groomsmen? that would be super odd and hard to pull off! The grooms' brothers, nephews, best friend from college all HAD to have a date?

The bridesmaids were all selected, bought dresses, shoes, threw luncheons, received their little bridesmaids bracelets or silver compacts, then one broke up with her boyfriend and was told to stay home???? Nobody's SO got sick or had to work???

What the bride needs to learn for future hostessing duties is that people aren't stand-ins in some grand play. Making it easy for people to enjoy themselves makes the day more memorable than making sure all of the bridesmaids are the same height (for example).

Well, I know that wasn't really the point of your post, and brides can be cut some slack for micro-managing the details of "their DAY". But for any future functions, if the hostess allows you to bring a "date" she shouldn't dictate whether you come alone, or with a friend, or with a lover . (She says "Bring a date". You say "Will do!" If things turn out where you show up alone, she's not going to throw you out. Extra men are generally a hostess's dream! They're often asking their husbands to round up a few.)

For years gay guys had to bring a "beard" to pass as straight, or bring their "friend" whom people assumed or pretended to assume were straight.

There have been Academy Award nominees who have brought their mothers to the event.

I just don't see this being a recurring problem in your future (how many sisters do you have?)

If you have functions where you are "required" to bring a date (odd concept), I don't see why you couldn't just bring a friend~ a co-worker, neighbor or a guy friend. How is it anyone's business whether you have a current romantic interest or not?

Why go through elaborate shenanigans like hiring a hooker and scripting a backstory to please others? You should be having fun at social outings! Bring the guy friend or gal friend who makes you laugh. Bring a person you genuinely enjoy talking to whether he or she has pants you want to get into or not

I'm bothered that your sister wouldn't allow you to be part of the wedding party without a date. (Bridezilla?) If she's so worried about how things look (rather than how her loved ones feel), then not having her brother be a groomsmen is the worst thing she could do! People will be talking about that and reading a discord into it.

The groomsmen and the bridesmaids are in the wedding party. Did they only ask the husbands and boyfriends of the bridesmaids to be groomsmen? that would be super odd and hard to pull off! The grooms' brothers, nephews, best friend from college all HAD to have a date?

The bridesmaids were all selected, bought dresses, shoes, threw luncheons, received their little bridesmaids bracelets or silver compacts, then one broke up with her boyfriend and was told to stay home???? Nobody's SO got sick or had to work???

What the bride needs to learn for future hostessing duties is that people aren't stand-ins in some grand play. Making it easy for people to enjoy themselves makes the day more memorable than making sure all of the bridesmaids are the same height (for example).

Well, I know that wasn't really the point of your post, and brides can be cut some slack for micro-managing the details of "their DAY". But for any future functions, if the hostess allows you to bring a "date" she shouldn't dictate whether you come alone, or with a friend, or with a lover . (She says "Bring a date". You say "Will do!" If things turn out where you show up alone, she's not going to throw you out. Extra men are generally a hostess's dream! They're often asking their husbands to round up a few.)

For years gay guys had to bring a "beard" to pass as straight, or bring their "friend" whom people assumed or pretended to assume were straight.

There have been Academy Award nominees who have brought their mothers to the event.

I just don't see this being a recurring problem in your future (how many sisters do you have?)
Originally Posted by HoneyRose
Well I did leave out a few details. It was a really small gathering so there weren't enough people to be in the wedding party so my sis said I would need to bring someone *if* I *wanted* to be in the wedding party. I was under no obligation to be a part of the wedding party. Also the wedding party was doing a group dance at the reception (another reason I declined because my ass can't dance for shit). So it wasn't that she wouldn't allow me to be a part of it. I was the one who declined (willingly). My company prohibits me (contractually) from asking any employees on *any* kind of a *date* - yeah I know it's only one night but I'm not about to risk my job or more importantly someone elses job (I'm more about being safe than sorry). Now there are no prohibits on simply hanging out with people outside of work but there's that unwritten "be careful because you are representatives of the company" line. There was one person I could have asked (a former coworker and a really good friend, possibly more) but she had already moved out of state a few months back. Even though she's only an 8 hour drive from Fort Worth I wasn't going to ask her to drive that large of a distance for just a few hours, especially when she was visiting anyway the week before (though she did tell me last week when she was visiting that she would have done it for me....hey I was trying to be considerate of the fact that the economy sucks and gas is expensive so I didn't want her to spend more money than she needed to. Shoot me for being a gentleman).

Personally I don't think I would have booked a provider for something like this....unless I was also booking a BCD after the reception. But still, that seems like a lot of work to go through, coming up with a cover ID, working off each others lies, etc. If I wanted to do that I'd work for the CIA. Hey....it would be kind of cool to be a real life Michael Westen (Burn Notice rocks!)
You just did not want the world to see you dance via youtube.
You just did not want the world to see you dance via youtube. Originally Posted by pyramider
...............true......................
As a single guy I would never do this because I'm way too fucking transparent. If I bring a "date" to a social function who is very attractive, family and friends would assume she is either a hooker or someone I'm simply paying to be there. The problem with having a poor dating life and a small social circle is that everyone knows your business. Any uncharacteristic move on my part would raise immediate suspicion.