more infraction stuff

so I recently posted in a thread that was OMG SUPER OLD

34 days since last post in a thread started
61 days ago

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php...799&highlight=

and I got 5 points demertit for posting an OLD thread

and I didnt post crap
I gave a link to help out other members and the provider......

If this is an issue, DONT POST IN OLLLDDD threads, why not have old threads close?

'save some bandwidth
save your time
save my time

This guideline is self-explanatory. What was it about 30 days that you didn't understand?

#12 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.
timmy, something I didn't really care to do when I first joined here was to spend time reading all of the forum guidelines. Eventually, I got a couple of infractions for things I thought at the time were trivial bullshit. I then took the time to read the forum guidelines carefully. Over the years, I've come to understand that the guidelines have been VERY carefully worded and designed, and exist for very good reasons.

So my advice is to not worry about that minor infraction you got, and to carefully read the forum guidelines.

https://www.eccie.net/announcement.php?f=5
If this is an issue,...... Originally Posted by timmystool

5 points, not a big deal. I've had my share of infractions, but one just has to pay attention. learn the lesson, move on and enjoy the ride.
Yes I got mine the other day. A gentle slap of 1 point. I posted to a thread and didn't look at the date. Just answered a guy that was new and being made fun of and bulled . I'll try to do better.
This is like when your parents would spank you for using cuss words they taught you.

Reminding them of this fact, while they're beating your ass, does not change the fact that they are the one with the belt.
timmy,
Just wear it as a badge of honor in that folks do actually read the threads and what each of us post.
But, don't be one of the folks that just don't get it, and rack up enough points for a time out.
And for those with pa:
But, don't be one of the folks that just don't get it, and rack up enough points for a time out. Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Even good folks have gone on bancation, right?
This guideline is self-explanatory. What was it about 30 days that you didn't understand?

#12 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time. Originally Posted by scorpio31
Wouldn't providing a link to her profile fit within the exception as noted in bold? Especially since someone asked for it. I would like to think so since that's all he posted.

I know that this infraction has occurred on one of my reviews with nothing happening to the offender that I'm aware of since a mod didn't post anything stating not to do it. I'm all for rules, but they should be enforced across the board.

And if it's something that could be easily done, locking the review after the 30 day period would eliminate this issue and save the mods time from having to deal with it.