Upselling

Perhaps I am wrong in this, but I know I have read enough in various posts, ads, etc to lead me to believe that by calling it a "donation" and by claiming "any acts performed are by consenting adults and any money exchanging hands is purely for time spent together" is a means of sidestepping the law and perhaps sidestepping the moral view that anything that takes place here is "prostitution." Hell, I freely admit that I am one of the biggest rationalizers that I know, and I used this very premise when I first started hobbying myself.

So I realize I might be making a leap, and I am sure I will be smacked down if this is an argumentum ad populum, but doesn't that whole premise get shattered by upselling?

Provider: It is $x for my time...
Monger: What about abc?
Provider: Oh you want that? It is $Y extra

Right there, you have just now put a price on a sexual act and made it impossible to call it anything but prostitution and a monger who takes you up on said offer as anything other than solicitation.

Note, I am not saying people shouldn't upcharge for services, but if you are going to do that, do you at least realize what you are doing? Any chance you had at making any claim that you aren't selling sex is thrown out the window. Plus you are forcing said monger to the same realization.

It is just something that I have always wondered about providers that choose to upsell as opposed to just having a higher rack rate as your donation and saying it is all inclusive whether a monger chooses to partake in all of the menu or not?
Note, I am not saying people shouldn't upcharge for services, but if you are going to do that, do you at least realize what you are doing? Any chance you had at making any claim that you aren't selling sex is thrown out the window. Plus you are forcing said monger to the same realization. Originally Posted by gleemonex
Eh, I don't think that the word choice used in advertisement is a form of rationalization. Donation is just the word we all use. Just like with other hobby terms, we have a shared vocabulary which is used simply because of habit, to signal ourselves as being part of the group, or to sound klassy. For example, I use "French" instead of "BnG." They pretty much mean the same thing, but the connotations are different. (I'm pretty sure girls who take roses get arrested just as easily as the girls who ask for cash.)

It is just something that I have always wondered about providers that choose to upsell as opposed to just having a higher rack rate as your donation and saying it is all inclusive whether a monger chooses to partake in all of the menu or not? Originally Posted by gleemonex
Bitches just want to know if they have to prep for butt stuff. If a girl raises her rates and preps for butt stuff every work day she'll 1) lose clients who were happy with no butt stuff and lower rates and 2) start to f'up her body.
I think I lost the point in all this verbosity. Are we talking semantics, or is there an underlying issue being addressed here?
...by calling it a "donation" and by claiming "any acts performed are by consenting adults and any money exchanging hands is purely for time spent together" is a means of sidestepping the law... Originally Posted by gleemonex
If the hobbiest is indeed an undercover LE, wouldn't the up sell for a particular sex act nullify the sidestepping? Thus defeating the wordage in the first place. Which is probably why many/don't blatantly advertise up selling.
If the hobbiest is indeed an undercover LE, wouldn't the up sell for a particular sex act nullify the sidestepping? Thus defeating the wordage in the first place. Which is probably why many/don't blatantly advertise up selling. Originally Posted by marathon2010
Yeah, that's what I meant by saying sidestepping the law, this exact thing.

And Jenn, you would be surprised what some providers upsell. Its not just about Greek:
"Oh, you want kissing? That's $50 more" "I only do CBJ for base donation, if you want BBBJ, its $40 more". "Yeah, I do MSOG, but it is $50 more!" "Yes I will do COT/COB/CIM but that is $20 more." "Oh you want CIM with NQNS too? Then it is $40 more"

I am not saying it is a single provider with each of these, I am saying that collectively, I have heard similar comments from multiple various providers.
I don't think there is any rationalizing involved in the changing verancular. It certainly is, feeble or not, an attempt to not blatantly refer to a transaction that is illegal. Is it effective? I have no idea. I'm assuming if I'm ever standing in front of a cop, I'm taking that ride downtow regardless of what words were used in person or in an ad. Carefully choosing your verbiage MIGHT, however, in conjunction with a good attorney, make the difference between getting charges being reduced or dismissed .

As far as up selling, I would assume that is donething that is done after screening. I don't itemize that way, but I am certainly more open to a more transparent discussion after screening.
To the OP - I totally agree with you. Clients pay for my time, period, and what happens during that time is between consenting adults. Upselling seems like a slippery slope, straight down to county.