Cancellation policies.

I was reading on P411 and saw that some ladies have cancellation fees.
When at home in Dallas I would not really worry about cancellations because I wouldn't really be affected by it. While on tour I see it can be a big hassle and cost me when some cancel. I totally understand shit happens. The problem comes when I have extended my trip another night/day to accommodate a gentleman. When I do this it often causes me to have spent extra money on a hotel or travel for changing plans after being cancelled on.
Guys have you seen many ladies advertise cancellation policies?
What did you think about it? Would a cancellation fee make you decide to not see the lady?
What do you think is an appropriate cancellation fee?

Ladies do you have a cancellation policy or thinking about having one?
Seems fair enough to me if you've made a fixed time to meet and have some consistency (expectation) from the hobbyist that you're staying additional time with added expense to accomodate them. At the very least, they should foot the bill for the room.

btw... your untouched photos (you posted in other thread) are equally as nice as the touched ones. Ohhh...touching!

Have a great memorial day weekend!
I think your biggest issue would be trying to collect.
I think your biggest issue would be trying to collect. Originally Posted by Swardfish
If I read correctly, Gina will assist in collecting if all guidelines have been met.
Thank you SD!
I think this is an issue all of us providers have had to deal with. 90% of the time, cancellations are totally acceptable. Things happen and if a provider is cool about it, the client will usually call back.

Then there is that other 10% of the time when the cancellation causes problems and costs money. It is also extremely lame to schedule an appointment in advance and stay in constant communication (to the point of being annoying), then cancel at the last minute. It sucks and it is right to feel as though you should be compensated for your time....but that isn't going to happen.

I personally handle cancellation anxiety by not really pre-booking. If a client calls me and says he wants to see me in a week, I tell him to call me back the day of to confirm. Until that happens, I do not consider it an appointment. Don't get me wrong, I am always accommodating and polite and I let the client know that I am very interested in meeting him and I appreciate him contacting me, but I don't consider it money in the bank. I prefer last minute calls. They always come through.
Morgan,
The client is planning in advance. If he calls as you suggest and you are booked he is not going to call you again. I usually plan with detail pretty far in advance. I don't mind a confirm call but I expect my scheduled time to be available. As to cancell fee I get it, but it does sound less friendly and might dissuade me from selecting a particular lady.
So does it work in reverse? If I have rearranged my schedule, and am on the way to see you (which is 60 miles away) and you have to cancel do I get compensation? This happens both ways in this hobby.

If you have seen each other before and have a good history, i see this as less of an issue, it could happen either way and you deal with it. If you are seeing someone new, I think it is always a risk.

If I was going to see someone touring and knew she had stayed another day to see me, I would probably offer to cover her room, but then how would I know she did not wind up with another appt or 2 after we extended her trip

Just some thoughts
A couple of random thoughts. If P411 really is in the collection business and you get a reputation for using them to try to get money from guys you didn't see your bookings are likely to go down.
Cancelled appointments, frustrating as they are, go with the territory in any sales job, and that's exactly the job you have. Remember that you're selling yourself, both looks and personality which means sometimes having to take the bad with the good and keep smiling.
  • jwood
  • 05-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Had a provider try to collect on me. I pm ed her and ask her if she did short notice. She said she did. Told her an approximate time if I could break away. Also told her I would contact her if I could make. Turned out I couldn't get away. Logged on to p411 the next day and she said I owed her a cancelation fee. She contacted Gina trying to collect. Thank goodness Gina said I owed nothing.
I have had an instance where I did not think I had made an appt and the provider did. Luckily it was cleared up before the last minute. I have not encountered girls with a cancellation policy. Personally if something comes up and I have to cancel on such short notice that I know the girl can't fill the appt and I caused her to miss out on the opportunity to earn something, I will get the compensation to her even if I don't see her. I also think if you have a dependable rep with a girl, she will roll with a rare last minute cancellation, knowing something really out of your control must have happened.

The problem with the cancellation fee is you really can't collect it if the guy isn't there. He won't book again if he knows he owes. So that may be what you want, or it may not.

I think Morgan has a great approach.
As everyone has said trying to collect a cancellation fee is the hardest thing.

I have not had to buy a hotel room before and I have not went on tour yet... .so cancellation has never really put me in the hole but when I do tour i am going to be very afraid of cancellations because I have never had to spend money to make money before.

But I can imagine that it can make you very upset to go buy a hotel room then sit and sit and get stood up.
Bottom line, there is little to no way you'll collect a cancellation fee. Pretty much the only possibility I see is that you require they pay it before they try to book with you again--and they may or may not try to book with you again. Trying to get someone (say Gina) to collect it for you probably won't fly very well. Gina is a sweetheart, and may help in egregious cases, but I think she's going to get tired of that quickly if she's asked to collect a couple a week from every provider on p411, especially with all of the he-said, she-said that's likely to occur.

You could try a pre-booking fee--e.g. 25% or 50% up front when travelling, if they cause you to reschedule, etc., but I think very few guys would go for it. I know I wouldn't.
Wouldn't it better to check with those providers you have seen on P411 that state a cancellation fee?

Ask them how it has been working out for them.

When you are on the road, I'd guess the best you could do would be to put them on your own Do Not see list but implying Gina would "assist" in some way makes me chuckle.

If someone uses the appointment request feature, is there also an appointment CANCEL feature?

And would YOU be willing to do something if a client used that form and YOU had to cancel?

Cuts both ways.
I have always had issue trying to book an appointment days in advance. I think I can remember only once or twice I was able to make it. So most of the time, I tried to avoid that, heck i even tried to do same day, since my schedule is always iffy.

But only one time, one girl was not happy about it, but probably understandable, although I canceled about 3 hours in advance. She might have had to book a room, which I didn't know about. I usually try to cancel a day ahead, if I think it might be iffy for the day of schedule. No point it waiting till last minute, if there are some doubts.

Anyway, but it would have been helpful if I knew ahead that would be a problem. Some ladies do post in on their P411 profile etc. Which helps me, knowing, I rather not book in advance with her.

So far only one time, a girl, canceled or NCNS after I drove almost to her incall. But then she is known for that or been reported to do that. So serves me right. Never tried to call her again or tried to setup an appt again, no matter how tempted I have been so far.