Who Benefits From Perry For President?

I am interested in your opinions. Many believe his views and past actions will not hold up under National scrutiny. I believe that. But how does he effect the other candidates and their campaigns. I have to believe this is the real reason "money" supporters have him running.
I mean to me it looks like he may "dilute" Bachmann's Tea Party, pickup religious anti-Romney voters, and neutralize many Ron Paul supporters, in his own party. Is the party afraid of Bachmann and the Tea Party? Does Ron Paul's strong showing in the Straw Polls concern them? What?
  • Booth
  • 09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I mean to me it looks like he may "dilute" Bachmann's Tea Party, pickup religious anti-Romney voters, and neutralize many Ron Paul supporters, in his own party. Is the party afraid of Bachmann and the Tea Party? Does Ron Paul's strong showing in the Straw Polls concern them? What? Originally Posted by oralick
Perry has more appeal to most Republican primary voters and I have a hard time seeing anything changing that. The anti-Romney camp will flock to him and many who might have supported Bachmann will view Perry as the stronger candidate. As for Ron Paul, I don't think he concerns anybody unless he decides to bolt and go third party. And then he would just be a big nuisance. As much as I dislike Perry, it's getting harder to imagine him not getting the nomination.
Well, maybe so. If so I think it will be a Happy Day for Obama.
  • Booth
  • 09-02-2011, 04:20 PM
Well, maybe so. If so I think it will be a Happy Day for Obama. Originally Posted by oralick
That's how I see it.
Agreed
Does anyone think the Republican Party is afraid of Bachmann and the Tea Party gaining too much strength?