HOLY CHIT! Be safe folks!

Everybody out there in Bastrop County, Steiner Ranch, Pflugerville, etc., know that my thoughts are with you as firefighters battle to contain these horrible wildfires.

Hope nobody in our little community's gotten hit.

Hope nobody does.

I guess we should have prayed for rain a little harder!

BE SAFE Y'ALL!
I just read that 300 homes have burned in Bastrop. I don't know if that's really correct, but HOLY SHIT!!!

The smoke cloud looks like a line of thunderstorms.

And probably a lot more before fire season is over.
the bastrop fire is 14x6 MILES in area..
steiner has hd 30 homes lost
I just read that 300 homes have burned in Bastrop. I don't know if that's really correct, but HOLY SHIT!!!

The smoke cloud looks like a line of thunderstorms.

And probably a lot more before fire season is over. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I saw on TV news 300 burned. I'm downwind and believe it! Really sucks.
It very scary my parents are by the steiner ranch fire.
It is crazy! My Aunt & Uncle live in Cedar Creek which is very close to the Bastrop fires. My other Aunt & Uncle in Pflugerville had to evacuate. Where I live way out in the Hill Country there was a fire so close that the ashes were falling in my yard like snow! Thankfully they got it under control. It was very scary and I pray for all the other folks having to endure these situations and that have lost their homes.
A couple of friends were burned out. I just can't imagine having to deal with something quite as devastating. Everything you own - GONE!

News tonight mentioned that a couple of those fires were now suspected arson and that they're seeking four teenagers in connection with the Cedar Park fires.

What kind of sack of shit would do something like that?
What a tragedy!

No sooner does the Legislature SLASH funding for rural fire departments then this happens.

While nobody can be totally prepared for a disaster like this, perhaps in hindsight there are things worse than raising new revenue.

This is just an incredible horror. More than a hundred fires across Texas. The Bastrop fire is still only 30% contained.

Here's an interesting perspective from the LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...ge=1&track=rss
Still to early to tell the extent of the damage. The media will print anything. TFS has the most accurate numbers, but even those are changing. PDAs are ongoing. One of the worst fires is in NE Texas near the the LA border. Winds shifted so we are getting a lot of smoke from it. Any one wanting more detail - PM.
  • ztonk
  • 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Moved from Co-ed to the Sandbox.

ztonk
AustinModStaff