Falsely Accused ?

There is a shit storm going on in another thread that is related to this question:

A lot has been said about how vulnerable providers are when “attacked” in reviews; having no way to defend themselves. What about the client who has a secret alert, which may be false, posted against him by a provider in a closed forum? What recourse does he have? He said, she said, a reputation is destroyed and the truth never comes out.
  • Doove
  • 09-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Fair question.

Without knowing what sort of discussions go on when an alert is posted, i would assume they're treated just as bad reviews are treated, allowing the providers to base their individual opinion on the same criteria we gents use:

1) What sort of reputation/credibility does the person have who's posting the alert.

2) What sort of reputation does the person who is being named in the alert have.

3) Is there any follow up discussion that gives insight one way or the other relative to the alert posted, i.e. have other girls had similar or forewarning experiences with the same person.

It's certainly not perfect but i do see the need for keeping it behind closed doors. And i'm sure false alerts are about as common as false negative reviews. In other words, extremely extremely rare.

Though i suppose it is possible for a provider to just go off on a hobbyist with no seeming justification. Much like hobbyists are sometimes inclined to do.
A provider can submit a rebuttal in the Coed Discussions forum about any public content in a review.

As for contents in the ROS section or a private forum, the "accused" should in principle not even know about them and therefore have no reason to do anything. In practice, a strong accusation usually invokes considerable discussions and questions among users of the private forum that provide some checks and balances - but this is not a perfect world.
A provider can submit a rebuttal in the Coed Discussions forum about any public content in a review. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
What about the client who has a secret alert, which may be false, posted against him by a provider in a closed forum? What recourse does he have? Originally Posted by jokacz
Yes, what can the hobbyist do if he isn't even aware there is an alert out on him?
Yes, what can the hobbyist do if he isn't even aware there is an alert out on him? Originally Posted by Das Ubersoldat
He can do nothing. Just as if he does know. Just do nothing. A good hobbyist can out live it just as a good provider can out live a bad review.
Yes, what can the hobbyist do if he isn't even aware there is an alert out on him? Originally Posted by Das Ubersoldat
If you don't know anything, you don't know that you have to do anything.
edit: to delete a quote that is no longer thereso was a need to delete my reply also.
Ok, lets play devils advocate and say that they have been made aware... Originally Posted by Das Ubersoldat
We will not discuss hypothetical violations of ECCIE policies here. Please do not go there.

BTW, a provider faces the same situation about comments made about her in ROS and Men's Lounge.
We will not discuss hypothetical violations of ECCIE policies here. Originally Posted by jackfengshui
Spoken like a true Republican.

Eventually these things get out in the open, if only in bits and pieces. Half truths are spoken, rumors are spread, while someone is left to twist slowly in the wind. There must be a better way.
Spoken like a true Republican. Originally Posted by jokacz
This diehard Democrat has been called all kinds of names before, but never this one. I would consider that the ultimate insult!

There must be a better way. Originally Posted by jokacz
I have the utmost admiration for theoreticians.
Spoken like a true Republican. Originally Posted by jokacz
hay I'm one of the Republicans here.
Rumors are worth a grain of salt. For example, Johnny was caught stealing candy at the store today. The next person hears, Johnny broke a window and stole candy at the store today. The next person hears, Johnny broke a window and stole candy at the store today and on his way out he hit an old lady. etc etc etc. The story gets larger each time it is told to the next person. By the time it gets across town the story is, Johnny and a few of his friends went on a crime spree and held up multiple stores and made off with a boat load of money and used a stolen car to make a get away. Rumors are what they are and they spread and increase to nauseating heights. The best way to keep rumors from spreading is, gosh and this is big, not to mention it to anyone else after you hear one.
Johnny and a few of his friends went on a crime spree and held up multiple stores and made off with a boat load of money and used a stolen car to make a get away. Originally Posted by jymie
Someone better catch this dude!
The best way to keep rumors from spreading is, gosh and this is big, not to mention it to anyone else after you hear one. Originally Posted by jymie
Leiutennant: "I heard there was an attack coming!"
Commander: "What? Preposterous! It will never happen here! Better keep that to yourself, you could cause a panic and someone could get hurt."
~ Pearl Harbor, 3:00 AM, 12-07-41

Sorry, couldnt resist.