Holy Sh** this is mind blowing

You will have to pardon me, because I generally try to avoid the Chicken Little tin foil hat knee jerk response, but if what is reported in this story is true its, well, mind blowing. I will be watching with great interest as this story unfolds.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/05/rep...6pLid%3D323952

And PS. Thank God I cancelled Verizon a few years ago.
They will all be on board soon, unless we do something. Google is cooperating with government on data collection. Microsoft is in the government's pocket.

I'm switching everything to Apple. They will fall, but they will be the last ones.
And T-Mobile, as soon as my contract is up.
we're all doomed

You will have to pardon me, because I generally try to avoid the Chicken Little tin foil hat knee jerk response Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
FAIL
They will all be on board soon, unless we do something. Google is cooperating with government on data collection. Microsoft is in the government's pocket.

I'm switching everything to Apple. They will fall, but they will be the last ones.
And T-Mobile, as soon as my contract is up. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

If they are all going to fall why bother? Bunker up.
THE SKY IS FALLING ... AND COLLECTING YOUR BRAINS!
I guess some people don't mind the government tracking their every move.
I guess some people don't mind the government tracking their every move. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
They don't have to exert themselves much when it comes to you, do they?
I guess some people don't mind the government tracking their every move. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Been doing it for years. Since 9/11 Wake up.
It's not that we don't mind - there's just really not much we can do about it in this day and age.

Even Apple isn't the company you think it is (possibly it would have a chance at holding out a little bit if Steve Jobs were still alive). Do you really think a company that treats its workers in China so poorly is going to have the moral fortitude to stand up to the US government asking them to hand over information on their customers?

And T-Mobile, as soon as my contract is up. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

And, what is going to happen when they "fall"? Specifically....don't give me libertarian sloganeering or tell me I'm what's wrong with America or any of the rest of your tired old bullshit. What is going to happen if the government keeps mining this data like they have for the past 7 years....and nothing has happened.....and when will it start happening?

What's going to happen? Other than you getting a better product with Apple, and less coverage at T-Mobile.
  • CJ7
  • 06-07-2013, 03:52 PM
And, what is going to happen when they "fall"? Specifically....don't give me libertarian sloganeering or tell me I'm what's wrong with America or any of the rest of your tired old bullshit. What is going to happen if the government keeps mining this data like they have for the past 7 years....and nothing has happened.....and when will it start happening?

What's going to happen? Other than you getting a better product with Apple, and less coverage at T-Mobile. Originally Posted by timpage

Yes, SOTF it is. It's going to be a fun 3.5 years.
They're all going to fall. There's no question about that.

There have been tornadoes in Kansas for centuries. There is nothing I can do about them. That doesn't mean I accept them, or let them harm me. I take precautions and prepare. When it hits, I want to survive with my family and as much of my property intact as possible.

It's that same way with the Military-Corporation-Government complex. I know I can't stop them, but I am going to protect my family and my assets as much as possible.

I fight on the side of Liberty, well near certain it is a losing battle. But when my grandchildren ask me what I did to try to stop the tyranny, I want to be able to say, "Everything I could." I don't want them growing up fearing the State. I want them to know there is a better way, and they can pass that on to their children.

All tyrants eventually fall. I want my descendants to be ready when the opportunity strikes to take a stand for freedom.
Use to be native Americans bison wolves tall prairie grass large snakes .They are all gone now the trick is to adapt not fight.