Explanation of being banned

I do not undettcrstand what banned actually means. I have seen handles marked as banned but they can still post and make comments. Example treetop. He has been banned many times but I see activity. What does being banned actually mean?
A banned member can't post, I'm not sure if they can read posts with their handle, but the ban is temporary. You can edit what displays under your handle, some do put the word banned there, without being banned.

Treetop is a very special member, I'm not sure if he has the power to post from bannedland.
A banned member can't post, I'm not sure if they can read posts with their handle, but the ban is temporary. You can edit what displays under your handle, some do put the word banned there, without being banned.

Treetop is a very special member, I'm not sure if he has the power to post from bannedland. Originally Posted by Tan Khan
Yes he is special
Read the guidelines.
  • ztonk
  • 10-18-2018, 09:04 PM
A member who is banned cannot log in. That means they cannot post or send/read messages. You can read the non-premium content on the site without being logged in.

Bans are rarely permanent; they usually have a fixed duration. For example, if you earn too many infraction points, the system automatically bans you for 90 days. The moderating staff issues bans to members for blatant misconduct, such as posting personal information about a member, threatening to out a member, multiple handles, etc.

ztonk
A member who is banned cannot log in. That means they cannot post or send/read messages. You can read the non-premium content on the site without being logged in.

Bans are rarely permanent; they usually have a fixed duration. For example, if you earn too many infraction points, the system automatically bans you for 90 days. The moderating staff issues bans to members for blatant misconduct, such as posting personal information about a member, threatening to out a member, multiple handles, etc.

ztonk Originally Posted by ztonk
Thank you
Treetop has never ever been banned.

Don't get caught with your pants down!

Cheers and be safe.