Report: Republicans in battleground states want Trump to quit race

The report cited data gathered by the POLITICO Caucus -- a panel of activists, strategists and analysts in nearly a dozen swing states -- that claimed 70 percent of party insiders in those states want Trump gone, and the sooner the better.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/.../?spt=slh&or=2
  • Old-T
  • 08-06-2016, 09:05 AM
That is just not a realistic expectation. You are talking about one of the biggest egos in history, a man who was never really part of the Rep party (nor the Dem party) and who doesn't give a damn what "the Republican party main-liners" think. He is a CEO today and will be come Thanksgiving. This is all a thrill ride for his ego, nothing more.

Even if he were to be pressured out he would likely take the RWW supporters with him, just like many of the Bernie LWW supporters are not flocking to Clinton. The damage to the Rep presidential race is already done. And those Reps in battleground states know it--this is not about the presidency, it is about preventing a tsunami that sweeps out a lot of other Reps as well. They want him to resign for self-interest reasons, hoping to keep their congressional and local seat.

The real question is not whether Trump steps down, but whether the Rep party has learned that tossing the keys to the RWW fringe was a very bad decision--and IF they learned anything, what are they going to do about it moving forward?

Several posters have pondered whether this is the death of the Reps. It may be, I don't know. If they don't wake up it will certainly be. But then what? I do not see the Bush/Rove/Koch/Ryan/etc. types joining the Libertarians. Do they repackage themselves and go after the moderate Dems, many of whom are disgusted with both Clinton & Bernie? Does a true Fiscal Conservative/Morally Tolerant party emerge that is closer to Goldwater/Reagan ideas?

The Chinese curse has hit. It will be "interesting times". Sadly there will continue to be darkness for at least another four years, likely longer.
Party insiders want him out? All the more reason for him to stay in!
That is just not a realistic expectation. You are talking about one of the biggest egos in history, a man who was never really part of the Rep party (nor the Dem party) and who doesn't give a damn what "the Republican party main-liners" think. He is a CEO today and will be come Thanksgiving. This is all a thrill ride for his ego, nothing more.

Even if he were to be pressured out he would likely take the RWW supporters with him, just like many of the Bernie LWW supporters are not flocking to Clinton. The damage to the Rep presidential race is already done. And those Reps in battleground states know it--this is not about the presidency, it is about preventing a tsunami that sweeps out a lot of other Reps as well. They want him to resign for self-interest reasons, hoping to keep their congressional and local seat.

The real question is not whether Trump steps down, but whether the Rep party has learned that tossing the keys to the RWW fringe was a very bad decision--and IF they learned anything, what are they going to do about it moving forward?

Several posters have pondered whether this is the death of the Reps. It may be, I don't know. If they don't wake up it will certainly be. But then what? I do not see the Bush/Rove/Koch/Ryan/etc. types joining the Libertarians. Do they repackage themselves and go after the moderate Dems, many of whom are disgusted with both Clinton & Bernie? Does a true Fiscal Conservative/Morally Tolerant party emerge that is closer to Goldwater/Reagan ideas?

The Chinese curse has hit. It will be "interesting times". Sadly there will continue to be darkness for at least another four years, likely longer.
Originally Posted by Old-T

Don't worry Old-Trollop. I will hire you to cut my grass. I will even pay you more than I paid Jesus...

• Old-T
  • 08-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Don't worry Old-Trollop. I will hire you to cut my grass. I will even pay you more than I paid Jesus...

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Very kind of you IIFFy, but it won't be necessary. I have a long line of people and organizations willing to hire me. Some are even hard core conservatives.

Originally Posted by Old-T
I think what may happen is the formation of a new conservative right wing independent party and the same on the left. Hillary promised to overturn Citizens United if/when she is elected and changing the election process so that super pac money will no longer be involved. Most Americans today identify as independents, not republican or democrat. They are tired of the status quo. The libertarian, Gary Johnson, has actually gained ground in the polls, but not enough to join the debates. Bernie Sanders has made a huge impact on this election, even though he didn't win the nomination. We need a government that reflects the will of the people, not the corporations, and I hope that happens eventually.
I think what may happen is the formation of a new conservative right wing independent party and the same on the left. Hillary promised to overturn Citizens United if/when she is elected and changing the election process so that super pac money will no longer be involved. Most Americans today identify as independents, not republican or democrat. They are tired of the status quo. The libertarian, Gary Johnson, has actually gained ground in the polls, but not enough to join the debates. Bernie Sanders has made a huge impact on this election, even though he didn't win the nomination. We need a government that reflects the will of the people, not the corporations, and I hope that happens eventually. Originally Posted by OverEasy

HiLIARy Corrupton would be the LAST person on the face of the earth to over turn "Citizens United"... you fucking idiot, OvertlySleazy

Obama promised a lot of things, too. Just cause Hillary promised to overturn Citizen's United, doesn't mean she'll actually do it. She just wants to win. I don't want Trump to win cause he's probably going to cause financial, social, and political instability in the world, but if you're not in a swing state, you really shouldn't vote for her. You should vote 3rd party so other parties can finally be recognized by the media. If you live in a swing state, then just go vote for the fucking witch. It's gonna suck, but it's necessary. I live in Texas (unfortunately) so I'm probably gonna vote for Jill Stein.
Party insiders want him out? All the more reason for him to stay in! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Sometimes these stories sound like "counterintelligence" floaters!
Obama promised a lot of things, too. Just cause Hillary promised to overturn Citizen's United, doesn't mean she'll actually do it. She just wants to win. I don't want Trump to win cause he's probably going to cause financial, social, and political instability in the world, but if you're not in a swing state, you really shouldn't vote for her. You should vote 3rd party so other parties can finally be recognized by the media. If you live in a swing state, then just go vote for the fucking witch. It's gonna suck, but it's necessary. I live in Texas (unfortunately) so I'm probably gonna vote for Jill Stein. Originally Posted by WeAreThePeople
Voting for a 3rd party is voting for HillaryNoMore.

There already is ...

.."financial, social, and political instability in the world"!!!

Isn't it Bush's fault?

Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Isn't your yard maintained by the State, patient?
Obama promised a lot of things, too. Just cause Hillary promised to overturn Citizen's United, doesn't mean she'll actually do it. She just wants to win. I don't want Trump to win cause he's probably going to cause financial, social, and political instability in the world, but if you're not in a swing state, you really shouldn't vote for her. You should vote 3rd party so other parties can finally be recognized by the media. If you live in a swing state, then just go vote for the fucking witch. It's gonna suck, but it's necessary. I live in Texas (unfortunately) so I'm probably gonna vote for Jill Stein. Originally Posted by WeAreThePeople
Overturning Citizens United is a moral imperative for this country,

But if you think POTUS can do it alone, you're mistaken.
Voting for a third party candidate is just voting for them, regardless of what the whiners bleat about.
Another day, another bumphazi fest. It's on you, LLiarMan. ENTIRELY on you.

Notably, we've now got LLiarMan's personal bunghole cleaner bumping. He obviously hasn't figured out why he's doing it, but maybe it came to him during one of his "head movies."

The point is that ASSup is an ASShole. Yup. We got it.