Outcall vs. Incall

Just a question. It would seem that to most girls (those without a permanent incall) that the cost of an incall would be greater than that of an outcall. That being the case, why is an outcall almost always more expensive than an incall?

Not bitching, just curious.
so what do you think... if they have no permanent incall that they don't have to pay rent somewhere? many girls are not in a position to use their residence for an incall. so they pay rent somewhere plus have to pay for a hotel for their outcall. and gas to get there. and i doubt they will be packing a lunch in the morning and taking it with them...probably have to eat out or at the hotel. oh yeah...and hope the guy shows up.

it's not rocket surgery.

JPdM
JPdM,

Maybe you misunderstood me.

If a provider does an outcall to a customer's hotel or residence, the variable cost of the session is gas and perhaps condoms.

If they provide an incall, they are adding the cost of a hotel room (once again, assuming they don't have a permanent incall, which has been my experience most of the time).

Obviously, the second scenario has an added cost and costs more to the provider, yet they charge less for it.

Get it? It's not rocket surgery.
JPdM,

Maybe you misunderstood me.

If a provider does an outcall to a customer's hotel or residence, the variable cost of the session is gas and perhaps condoms.

If they provide an incall, they are adding the cost of a hotel room (once again, assuming they don't have a permanent incall, which has been my experience most of the time).

Obviously, the second scenario has an added cost and costs more to the provider, yet they charge less for it.

Get it? It's not rocket surgery.
This JPdM cat is as dumb as dirt!
This JPdM cat is as dumb as dirt! Originally Posted by PickUpSticks
No he's not. He's just a little too quick to jump somebody's ass, and in doing so missed the whole point of my post.

I'm sure there is a good reason for why this (the subject of my post) is the case, I just don't know what it is. If you do, please enlighten me. Otherwise, move along. This is a just an inncocent request for information, no need for snarkiness.

Thanks, and have a great weekend!
It might be because even though they offer outcall, maybe it's not their favorite choice for a session, so they make the rates higher because they'd rather incall. I don't know if that's true or not, I never offered outcall because frankly the idea scares the shit out of me (what happened to Ashlee validates those fears for me). But if I ever did offer it, I'd make the rate much higher so that hardly anyone would request it
You're looking at only one of many relevant factors, I suspect.

1) The assumption that she doesn't have a permanent incall may be incorrect. Even if she doesn't have a place of her own, she may be able to use a friend's location.

2) Travel time for outcall may make it harder for her to schedule a second session the same day. Particularly if it's a long trip. The price premium may reflect the opportunity cost.

3) She may not like doing outcalls as much, which place her on the client's playing field and make her feel less secure than on her own "home turf." Consider the higher price a risk premium.

4) She may not like driving; in some instances, she may even hire a driver, which increases her costs. Or ask a friend who shares her incall to come along on the outcall and wait in the car, as a safety precaution, against with incremental costs.

5) Her pricing may be based on the potential client's perceived preferences rather than her marginal costs. He has the convenience of not having to get in a car and drive to her location, and the comfort on being on his "home turf." (Particlarly true for out-of-town clients who are visiting on business?) He may be willing to pay more for the privilege. Normal marketing principle - the cost is determined by what the market will bear rather than the cost of production?

6) And probably many other things that wouldn't occur to any of us but make sense to her.

And it's just as easy to come up with a list of factors that would explain a price differential in the other direction.

Short answer: it's futile to look at this from the outside. What seems illogical to us may merely mean we don't understand her business as well as we thought.
If I were to do outcall (I currently do not, and I do have a permanent incall) I would charge an extra fee for quite a few reasons. I now have the added commute to and from the outcall location. I also have to spend time packing a bag with everything I will need. Also, I would have to give up my "home turf advantage." Being in my familiar surroundings is a great comfort to me in this very personal thing that we do. Giving that up, yeah, I think that would come with a price tag. But that's just me.

Off the top of my head, that is my answer. Perhaps some ladies that actually do outcall will have better ones for you. But I do hope my answer helps you.
If a girl has already paid for an incall (whether a permanent apt or a hotel) then subsequent appts at that same location do not cost more, thus offering a lower rate to use a commodity that has already been paid for makes a great deal of sense.

Since we are paying for a girl's TIME, a one hour incall takes one hour of time from the girl (not counting prep time to get cleaned up, dressed, etc). An outcall might require a half hour or 45 minutes of driving. So that "hour" outcall actually takes 2 or maybe 2 1/2 hours of time. It would make sense that if something takes more time that it should cost more.
They charge more because of the additional risk
I agree he always has some wise ass remark to make when most of the time hme he doesn't know what the hell is talking about.
Just a question. It would seem that to most girls (those without a permanent incall) that the cost of an incall would be greater than that of an outcall. That being the case, why is an outcall almost always more expensive than an incall?

Not bitching, just curious. Originally Posted by TheBizzer
I think outcalls she be more- just think of any delivery service- more than not there's going to be a delivery fee- if you purchased an item say from Best Buy and you want them to deliver it to you- you would expect a hire fee than if you went to the tore and picked up the item yourself? Also, take into consideration what Tara Evans and TravelingMan stated and there's your answer.
You're looking at only one of many relevant factors, I suspect.

...removed very nice analysis of the problem...

Short answer: it's futile to look at this from the outside. What seems illogical to us may merely mean we don't understand her business as well as we thought. Originally Posted by Chevalier
so true, so true. like many topics in this sub-culture, rational logic does not always apply.
me thinks that it's easy to a) overthink this question on fees, and b) jump to conclusions when reading someone's follow-up.

as to why fees are the way they are...
there is no "good reason". whatever reasons there are are good or bad, right or wrong, logical or illogical, common sensical or downright loony.

there are probably as many reasons why a woman's outcall fee might be higher than her incall fee as there are women.

there are probably as many reasons why a woman's incall fee might be higher than her outcall fee as there are women.

maybe, just maybe, some woman long ago had a higher outcall fee. the next women to enter this sub-culture/business heard about it from the first woman's recent client and said "sounds like a good idea to me, i'll do that." as did the next woman, who then shared it with the next woman, who wrote it on the bathroom stall for the next woman to see, who posted it on the internet for all to see.

if you really want to know, ask a lot of women directly then organize and summarize the answers. my bet is there wont be a consensus.

btw, guys get an outcall [their home, a hotel/motel, a buddy's place, a room at the Fine Arts, a room at the recently burned down Executive Spa].
women get an incall [same list of locations and more.]

as to follow-up posts...
some folks, including JPdM and myself, often post follow-ups in jest and not to "jump somebody's ass" or so the follow-up is filled with "snarkiness". besides what's wrong with being a WISE ass? better than a DUMB ass!!

i [and possibly JPdM] throw satire, sarcasm, humor, slapstick, rim shots, shots of tequila, even a woman's naturally scented panties into these and other threads.

i've said it a lot recently and i'll say it again - no need to take this sub-culture and all that's posted about it here and elsewhere all that seriously, unless of course it's a matter of personal physical or medical safety or security. lighten up or move on, please?

i'm off my soapbox for the nite [maybe].
No he's not. He's just a little too quick to jump somebody's ass Originally Posted by TheBizzer
Be very carefull how you jump on a Veteran Hobbyists, JPdM has been around longer than MOST of ya'll

Not bitching, just curious. Originally Posted by TheBizzer
All the very good reasons listed above and
Because your not her ONLY customer for that day!

CG