good restaurants open on sunday, addison area

• aves
  • 10-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Looking for a nice, not pricey, restaurant that is open tonight in the Addison area. Mexican, seafood, or even Chinese. Any suggestions appreciated.
Chuy's Belt line Addison has good mexican food
  • NYr
  • 10-05-2014, 09:02 AM
Chamberlains Fish Market for Seafood for sure.
Chuy's Belt line Addison has good mexican food Originally Posted by Selena51
Can we say mediocre. Mi Cocina and Gloria's out chuys to shame
got to be a long john silvers in the area
Chuy's Belt line Addison has good mexican food Originally Posted by Selena51
Can we say mediocre. Mi Cocina and Gloria's out chuys to shame Originally Posted by txexetoo
selena, i know your hispanic. both sets of my grandparents were from mexico.
so i would imagine you know your tex-mex and mexican food.

but i have to agree w/ txexetoo - the last chuy's i was in seemed like a TGIFridays, Bennigans, non-descript lots of wait staff who were just working and not providing a great meal.

gloria's is good but to me is just americanized salvadorean food.
Both Mi Cocina (in the Galleria at DNT & LBJ; also DNT & frankford and Preston & Forest) and Cantina Laredo (Belt Line west of Inwood) are better but pricier.

for less, try El Fenix (Belt Line at Montfort)
On the Border is pretty good (belt line east of Inwood)
or Taco Cabana (on montfort north of belt line.) - good, cheap, fresh. and real tequila margaritas!!

here's what D Magazine said were the best restaurantes de mama-y-papa in Dallas back in Feb 2013. i've been to 7 of these and i'd agree!!
unfortunately, none near addison.
http://www.dmagazine.com/publication...ants-in-dallas
There are so many wonderful restaurants on Belt-line, and in the addison area in general. There are way too many restaurants to name!

Personally, I'm a fan of Gloria's and Kenny's grill.
  • aves
  • 10-06-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I ended up going to a great authentic Chinese restaurant called "the Bakery" . It is in a strip mall on Greenville, just north of Main. The staff was perfect and the food great.
There are so many wonderful restaurants on Belt-line, and in the addison area in general. There are way too many restaurants to name!

Personally, I'm a fan of Gloria's and Kenny's grill. Originally Posted by BrownSugarBaby
O My BSB, we must go to Kenny's!
Kenny's and BSB together
O My BSB, we must go to Kenny's!
Kenny's and BSB together Originally Posted by verygood69
Sounds like a plan.