MSNBC Off The Rails

I decided to watch "Hardball with Chris Mathews" this afternoon.

This episode has to go down as the biggest example of "fake news" yet.

"I Think". "There Might Be". "Actions Suggest". "Sources Believe". "There is a possibility that there might be"....(yes, Chris Mathews actually said that).

Not one Fact. Just opinions based on unsubstantiated wishful thinking.

And of course, every topic is ended with, "the question has to be asked, does this rise to the level of impeachment".

They have gone all in. All of this because Hillary is not the President.
  • WTF
  • 05-23-2017, 05:23 PM

"I Think". "There Might Be". "Actions Suggest". "Sources Believe". "There is a possibility that there might be"....(yes, Chris Mathews actually said that).

And of course, every topic is ended with, "the question has to be asked, does this rise to the level of impeachment".

They have gone all in. All of this because Hillary is not the President. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Do you remember Fox News and Trump and all the supposition about a birth certificate?
  • Old-T
  • 05-23-2017, 05:32 PM

They have gone all in. All of this because Hillary is not the President. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Do you remember Fox News and Trump and all the supposition about a birth certificate? Originally Posted by WTF
News has not been news for a long time now. It is political warfare in fake news clothing.
What to believe, then?

If you've decided everything is fake news, what is the "real news" you're referencing as a basis of comparison?

What was your opinion on how Fox News covered the Seth Rich story ? All news have some bias
https://www.google.com/amp/www.imedi...n-anguish/amp/
Do you remember Fox News and Trump and all the supposition about a birth certificate? Originally Posted by WTF
Not so much..both sides were heard but then again you wouldn't know that because you never watch fox.

You were busy eating goof balls and making bombs in your van down by the river.
The Harvard Kennedy school of journalism has released a report that shows Fox News was the most fair and balanced during the coverage of the election. 52% negative on Trump, 48% positive. No one else even came close.
The Harvard Kennedy school of journalism has released a report that shows Fox News was the most fair and balanced during the coverage of the election. 52% negative on Trump, 48% positive. No one else even came close. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Can you quote the article please because this article says the opposite : https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...america-2017-3
  • WTF
  • 05-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Not so much..both sides were heard but then again you wouldn't know that because you never watch fox.

You were busy eating goof balls and making bombs in your van down by the river. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Sure I watch Fox. I'm a channel surfer, can't stand any of them over 5 minutes.

I watch CNNHLN old crime solving if no good spprting event.

I do not count your favorite sporting event, quilting, among sporting events. But hey whatever floats your prostrate!
Anyone watching cable news doesn't have much of a life.
Can you quote the article please because this article says the opposite : https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...america-2017-3 Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
Your link addresses trust among groups with different political persuations.
More liberal groups tend to like News Outlets with a liberal bent, while people with conservative views favor News Outlets with a conservative bent.

I don't think the link addresses what percentage of various News Outlet's broadcasts are dedicated to a particular political party, and how much was negative, or positive, to a particular political philosophy.
  • DSK
  • 05-23-2017, 10:07 PM
News has not been news for a long time now. It is political warfare in fake news clothing. Originally Posted by Old-T
Well put. Unfortunately, we are in a sad cycle of declining respect for our fellow countrymen. Half of us think the other half are not only wrong, but ignorant assholes. Vice versa from the other side...

I believe the American experiment in Democracy is sliding down into failure, and despotism looms.

Hopefully, it will be a right wing despot, if a despot it must be.

Also, as despots go, he wouldn't be the worst despot in history if he wiped out all the liberals. Hopefully, of course, we can unite as a country and preclude such unpleasantness.
Can you quote the article please because this article says the opposite : https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...america-2017-3 Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...19-column.html
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...19-column.html Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It balances out as Trump has been largely negative on the media.
What to believe, then?

If you've decided everything is fake news, what is the "real news" you're referencing as a basis of comparison? Originally Posted by HoustonHobbyist25
I come to the political forum of my favorite hooker website for all my news.