Lights Out On Eccie

Did anyone else notice that the lights appeared to have gone out on the Eccie board earlier this morning, Saturday (8-18-12)?

After the message went out about the Main Tab taken down for maintenance, I kept getting an error message when trying to get to the board using the same bookmark I've always used.

Even when I manually typed in Eccie.net in the address bar, I kept getting an error message saying that no such site existed.

. . . I had to find a different way in and then redefined the bookmark, but I wonder if anyone else went through that problem finding the site.

yes
Well, thanks for that , umh, complete and detailed report, Jack.

Do you keep your words in an eye dropper or what?

. . . How did you find your way back in to the site?

yes Originally Posted by oktome
Well, thanks for that , umh, complete and detailed report, Jack.

Do you keep your words in an eye dropper or what?

. . . How did you find your way back in to the site?
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn

I thought "Jack" answered the only question asked.

Torito
Well, I didn't.

. . . But thanks for your amplification on the matter!

I have been on most of the day...no problems here
Essentially, I wanted to confirm if there was a virus problem that was redirecting the browser or if it was due to some reconfiguration after the maintenance.

. . . My browser seems to be work alright now, but Firefox could not locate Eccie earlier today even when I manually typed in Eccie.net in the address bar.
I have not had any problems with IE-9. I have been on and off all day, but not continuous, so I could have missed a problem.

Torito
No issues anytime today and several log ins from 6 am to now.... always best to have a couple of browsers at hand just in case.

Previously I have had some issues with freaking unwanted browser add-ons that use a different data base DNS and almost always those deny adult websites. I periodically edit all my browsers to keep them up to snuff.
  • Mokoa
  • 08-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Sorry to read you had trouble.

I experienced no issues either. I was in the site using Firefox Version 12 on my desktop system and Firefox on my Asus Eeepad Android tablet.

Can you tell us approximately what time this morning you experienced your trouble?

The issue could of had a regional cause. A router or DNS server problem. That would explain why you were experiencing the issue and others were not experiencing it.